All reviews dive resort sardines sardine run premier suite open water course diving center awesome diving big thanks tea and coffee pescador island restaurants and bars panagsama beach marine life definitely recommend this place boat crew mactan airport few steps
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

After falling in love with moalboal and the amazing people at Quo Vardis 2 years ago I decided to complete my Padi open water course. 2 years later and I'm now a Padi pro completing my divemaster and living the scuba dream :)
Instructor charly and Caroline are the best instructors you can find , not once have I ever felt unsafe or lost with them .
The dive shop is top notch great gear and very clean so I definitely recommend anyone to dive with penny and the Quo Vardis dive team .

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Pernilla S, Owner at Quo Vadis Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Hi Nic

What can we say we had such an amazing time here with you and Ross. Charlie had so much fun teaching you the way to become a Padi Dive Master. You guys worked so hard during your dive master course and we are super proud of both of you. Its amazing how you came here 2 years ago to do your open water course and now 2 years later you are a Padi professional. We are waiting for you guys to come back and hopefully work for us because we would love to have you both in our Team.

Best Regards Pernilla (Penny) and Team Quo Vadis

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I really want to take the chance to recommend Quo Vadis Dive Resort, even though I haven't stayed in the resort during my stay in Moalboal (as I was on a budget solo travel), but I'm sure, that the rooms are as good as their service regarding diving.

I had a brilliant time while I was there and went on several dives more than I originally planned - including the best night dive I've ever had at their stunning house reef.

I did a little bit of research before I decided to head to Moalboal for the last five days of my 6-months-trip and already got in contact with the resort by e-mail beforehand. Pernilla replied super fast and gave me an overall comprehensive overview on Moalboal, how to get there best and what to expect, additionally helpful advises, what to do, where to eat and where to stay (if the resort wouldn't be within my budget). Beside this I got non-binding information on their dive prices and explanations on the daily procedure, the dive sites and the expected marine life. There was no pressure or annoyance when I told her that I'm not sure yet if and how often I'm going to dive.

While staying on Malapascua I got a very good deal for staying and diving with another resort in Moboal with the partner dive center of the one I was diving with over there - so first I decided not to go with Quo Vadis. Things changed quickly after my arrival. I neither felt welcomed nor appreciated as a costumer with the other dive center, wasn't sure about their gear and they couldn't tell me the dive sites a day prior. This shouldn't be the dive center to end my travel. I left to stroll the village and see Quo Vadis and Pernilla in person.

My gut feeling was right. I first bumped into Caroline, one of the dive masters, who was very nice, welcoming and explained me everything. Then a met Pernilla, the heart of the place, and a the morning after I left for my first dive with them. You go in small groups and leave on a big boat with tea and coffee coming back after the dive because the dive sites are very close by. The team is highly professional and everyone is helpful, fun and sympathetic. I experienced a competent briefing, procedures according to the PADI guidelines and staff that's very passionate about their jobs. They always wanted me to have a good time and at the same time making sure that I'm safe and secure.

Especially I want to thank Pernilla, who made my last days so remarkable and wonderful. Thanks for some amazing dives, great fun and making me feel home away from home with you as a good friend. I hope to see you again one day. Enjoy the other side of the world and that beautiful reef in front of your porch. All the best to you and your whole outstanding team.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Janina

Thank you so much for your amazing words about Quo Vadis. We had such a great time having you diving with us. It felt straight away that you where a part of our little family here. I was so happy i could help you out with the information you needed to make sure you would not miss out on going to Moalboal. We are working very hard to keep the family feeling in the resort and the dive center. Because we want to make sure that everyone is always welcome to join us no matter in they are beginners or are very experienced divers.

We are all hoping you will return to the Philippines and Quo Vadis in the future.

Happy bubbles and enjoy Europe.

Best Regards Pernilla & Team Quo Vadis

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Quo Vadis is the best dive resort I've ever been to hands down. The staff were super friendly, the resort itself was beautiful and everything was just perfect.
I did my advanced course there, while my girlfriend did her open water and advanced. For all three licences, we were fortunate to be instructed by Emil who was a legend. He made each dive fun, informative and constantly chatted to us about what we had spotted.
We also hung out with the staff a lot and enjoyed the ambience of the place, beautiful sunsets, good beer, excellent food and amazing diving. What more could you want!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Pernilla S, Owner at Quo Vadis Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Hi Dom

Thank you for the lovely review. It was so much fun for everyone in the resort to have you guys here. Emil really enjoyed teaching you both the open water and advanced courses. We hope to see you both back here in the near future for some more amazing dives and relaxing.

Best Regards Pernilla & all Staff

Reviewed 14 September 2017

The room was better than i expected, Sea view is really the way to go! My room was near the dive shop and restaurants so its super convenient, even though the resort is not that big.

Food at the restaurant was cheap and nice. Don't expect high standard. The staff in the resort are really friendly! Wifi is only available in public areas, no wifi in rooms. So just grab a bear at the restaurant and chill there. Super duper really windy at night.

The resort is quite empty, with not many guests probably cause weekdays? (stayed for 2 nights from sun-tues) so you can have a chat with the staffs there. My first day was basically rotating from room to restaurant, room to restaurant as i reached around 4pm and there were no more dives on sun. Also, there is nth much to do in moalboal from that timing onwards.

Took the discovery dive as it was my first time diving on tues morning. My instructor Emil was really patient and friendly. Probably because we were 2 guys so he did not restrict us that much which was a good thing! :)

First experience was positive, i wouldn't say it was the best but it is definitely a must try. Will be considering to get a diving license now! ^^

Room tip: Sea View Deluxe is really nice! Near dive shop and restaurants!
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi

Thank you for your review. The Bungalow Sea view where you stayed really have sunning views to wake ut to. Emil had a great time taking you out for the Discover Scuba dive and we hope maybe you can come back to Quo Vadis in the near future to take your Padi Open water diver license.

Best Regards Pernilla and all Staff

Reviewed 10 September 2017

First and foremost - you do not have to be a diver to say or partake of there fun!! Whether a diver or someone who has never done anything like this, you can still go out and swim or snorkel - they have many options! We spent a few days in Moalboal in July 2017 - basically the best place to go in Cebu imho. Its very safe there, all the resorts are next to each other - think Miami Beach in the U.S. how its set up, but with much cheaper prices. More things to do than you imagine there and the area (they can also arrange a trip to Kawasan Falls (YOU MUST SEE TO BELIVE IT!!!). Though we stayed just down the street (we had no idea Moalboal was set up like this until arrival), we did a day trip with Quo Vadis and will definitely be back for more!! VERY Professional - amazing customer service, for those who never dived, snorkeled, etc.. they will ensure proper fit of your equipment you can rent (great prices), and ensure you are all set to go before going out. Allot of the folks there are European, so if far from home you will feel in familiar hands - not that it matters, as all the locals are very good people and will also make sure you are squared away at all times. There really isn't any beaches per se in Cebu, as its like the Florida Keys - protected by reef systems, so lots of calm water with not allot of sand being brought in by waves. They have many great options for going out - whether diving,snorkeling or free diving, or just going out on the boat (catamaran). They water is very clear, lots of fish and color to see on the reefs. The water depth will range from 3 meters to 15 meters on the reef, then it drops off, so if snorkeling and worried about deep water, you will be just fine. They have several dive / snorkeling sites and all are amazing! You can possibly watch sea turtles, but also the sardine run is incredible!! Quo Vadis has an amazing restaurant and there pool and lodging is incredible! But if you are there and everything is booked for lodging, just stay at another hotel but be sure to use Quo Vadis for all your fun!! Again, I cannot say enough great things about our experience with all the great people at Quo Vadis!! Visit there website or FB and explore all they offer and then just go!!

Room tip: You will not be disappointed at all there options and hospitality!
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Aaron

Thank you so much for your review and the amazing words about Quo Vadis. It was really our pleasure having you both in the resort. We are so happy you joined us for a snorkelling trip around to the stunning sites around Moalboal. We hope you are coming back soon for more adventure in Moalboal and we maybe try diving.

Best Regards Pernilla & Team Quo Vadis