Ashford Castle
  • Restaurant
Leenane Hotel(Leenane)
Priceline
1,905 results
All reviewsgeorge vafternoon teahorseback ridingonce in a lifetimelike royaltyfalconry schoolhawk walkboat tourbucket listquiet mandrawing roomlough corribthe main dining roomirish wolf houndsfalconry experienceheated floorsturn down service
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Went to Ashford cottages today with my family for Sunday lunch. Very good service and very good food. We were so impressed with the grounds and setting we decided to go down to the castle to book my sisters 40th for later in the year. We were met at the front door by a butler name Frank who informed us we couldn't access the castle unless we were residents. I have absolutely no issue with this policy and actually saw it as a mark of the high standards the castle held for it's guests. What was very disappointing was Franks approach. He was possibly the most ignorant abrupt front of house representative I have ever met and it was as disappointing as it was surprising that an establishment of such high standards would actually employ staff who would speak to their customers with such disrespect. Very disappointing.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
14  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve travelled a lot and I like to stay in nice hotels, but this is by far the most amazing place we’ve been. First, the grounds and the hotel accommodations impress you. And then, you realize that each employee is the nicest, most impressive service team in the world. The only complaint I thought I might have is the tiny gift shop...until I realized the large gift shop/Cottage within a 2 minute walk. My kids loved it and there was never a dull moment. We lived like royals for the week! A must-see!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Alan V, Director of Operations at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear lare741,

Thank you for taking the time to review Ashford Castle.

The team and I are delighted that you have so thoroughly enjoyed your time in our care.

We look forward to any opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

A rare opportunity to visit a hotel that has been voted best in the world and for 2018 it has just won the accolade of best luxury hotel in Ireland.
Great Irish hospitality, always being addressed by name from the moment you arrive, superb.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear rogers2712,

I am delighted to read your feedback on this most recent visit to Ashford Castle.

The team will be delighted to understand that they have created such positive memories of your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Trip Advisor should have a rating system where every reviewer has one 6 star rating per year they can use. I would use it here.

How wonderful is Ashford Castle? The only complaint from our group of 14 is that the powered shades require you to keep pushing the button until the shade is at the height you want which completely ruins 5 seconds of each day...other than that, perfection.

The grounds and castle are beautiful. The service is supurb. The activities are fun (especially the School of Falconry as taught by Mel. She put everyone - including a terrified 6 year old - aat ease with the Falcons). Food was excellent especially the morning buffet. All of the ladies enjoyed the afternoon tea. Even the TV remotes are sanitized on a daily basis.

I want to live here. If you get a chance I highly recommend a stay here...absolutely supurb!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank john1495

Dear john1495,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at Ashford Castle.

I am delighted to read that you and your group thoroughly enjoyed almost every aspect of the estate.

It also sounds like you really enjoyed many of the activities, especially falconry. Mel will be delighted to read that the session was so enjoyable.

If we can assist in any way to facilitate you moving in, I hope you will make contact!!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Outstanding. Simply outstanding. From the moment we entered the grounds of the castle we were made to feel as if we were home! The concierge helped with luggage and parked out car at once. A lovely warm welcome drink was a fabulous touch on arrival. Our room overlooking Lough Corrib was spectacular although a little on the small side. It’s a shame there isn’t a separate shower in the room also. I can’t stand showering in the bath. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner in the hotel and tried out all of the eateries. They were all fantastic and the service was superb. We were slightly disappointed with the dungeon atmosphere. It was a bit loud and packed with children. Not the romantic meal we had hoped for. The spa was great and thank you to Fiona who was brilliant at her job. We will return in the winter for sure. Can’t wait!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Nicole b,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your most recent stay at Ashford Castle.

I am delighted you feel the experience was outstanding.
The concerns you express regarding the atmosphere in the dungeon are disappointing.
I am delighted however, you found the food and service quality to be superb.

Fiona is delighted with your feedback on the spa treatments. She is brilliant we agree.

The team and I look forward to seeing you back in the winter, if not before!