Review Highlights
Making memories

Our guide Conal was exceptional- very informative in a relaxed manner which helped us settle into... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
petermU6923XE
Highlight of our holiday, amazing family experience

Reviewed 11 July 2021
nessaq2017
Blessington, Ireland

Recommended experiences in and around Cong
from US$322.05
from US$41.76
from US$490.20
from US$76.49
More Info
All reviews harris hawk hawk walk once in a lifetime amazing experience ashford castle magnificent birds perch take photos owl arm glove fly dingle falconer guide woods ireland
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 July 2021

Booked this for my family of 4 with kids aged 13 & 11. I was looking forward to it but it exceeded all our expectations. The hands on experience was incredible, made even better by our super guide Tommy whose passion and knowledge shone through. Amazing experience and the whole family voted it the highlight of our week.in the West. Couldn't recommend it more.

Date of experience: July 2021
Reviewed 21 June 2021

The Hawk walk was out of the world. A very enjoyable experience. My guide a young girl from Clare had so much knowledge on hawks and she made the walk very interesting. The hawks are beautiful and a pleasure to watch in action. I was also introduce to Dingle the Owl and some baby hawks. I would highly recommend this activity.

Date of experience: June 2021
Reviewed 17 November 2020

We were here a few years back. We stumbled on it while walking around the grounds of Ashford Castle. We saw the sign for the school and thought we wish we could do this. Then the door opened and a lovely young lady asked if we knocked and were interested in Hawking. We said no we hadn't knocked but YES we want to hawk. Well I've been married almost 20 years and I've NEVER seen my wife happier than when one of these gorgeous hawks landed on her arm. Trust me - - - do this. It's a once in a lifetime experience with amazing creatures and great people.

Date of experience: December 2019
2  Thank peltzy
Reviewed 12 October 2020 via mobile

This was a really lovely enjoyable and unique introduction to these wonderful creatures who will perch on your arm on your special leather glove. These Harris hawks are specially trained to respond to your commands as you walk with them along the forest trail in the magnificent setting of Ashford Castle in Cong Co Mayo. They will fly alongside as you walk along the forest trail and will come to perch on your arm when you give them the appropriate signal. They will then fly off when directed by you and perch in the tree canopy until summoned by you once again. All this happens effortlessly under the expert eye of Jacob the master falconer who is on hand at all times to ensure all goes according to plan.
Both my wife and I really enjoyed this experience and would very highly recommend it to anyone. We felt privileged to have partaken in the sport of kings!

Date of experience: October 2020
Reviewed 25 September 2020

were blessed to be able to go on a Hawk Walk with Danielle during our stay in Ashford Castle recently. With everything that is happening in the world today this was truely an awe inspiring & magical afternoon. Sledom could anyone imagine what a wonderful experience a simple walk through the forest could be, but then we had the company of two beautiful Harris Hawks who spent the hour flying to and from our arms under the masterful eye of Danielle, who obvious passion for falconry is inspiring. These birds or prey are special and the Hawk Walk is a definate to do on anyone's bucket list.
Aisling & Ronan