“Outstanding Gourmet Dining Experience!”

Ristorante L'Antico Forziere
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Deruta
Price range: US$23 - US$34
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: CLOSED ON MONDAY In their warm manner the Rodella family welcomes guests into this ancient building where huge beams, brick arches and wonderful views all lend a special atmosphere. Garden with its flowers and scents and the picturesque swimming pool overlook the wide Tiber River valley. Restaurant offers a blend of traditional and creative cooking resulting in mouth-watering dishes that complement perfectly the atmospheric dining room or the summer terrace for lunch or for dinner by candlelight.
Reviewed 24 June 2017

The overall experience of dining here made our two dinners memorable ones. The ambiance in the outdoor dining area is wonderful, the service is impeccable and the food is indescribably good. We'd heard about how great Umbrian cuisine is and our meal matched if not exceeded our expectations! The restaurant surprised us with an amuse-bouche each night and they also served a surprise pre-dessert! Favorites were the foie gras, asparagus soup, lamb chops, truffle pasta and the sea bass. The presentation of each course is aesthetically pleasing while their desserts are too beautiful for words. Be sure to save room for dessert because if you don't, you will regret it when you see one pass by your table as you hear the oohs and ahs! They are divine!

Samuele R, Proprietario at Ristorante L'Antico Forziere, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

What a wonderful review!!! Thanks again for all, it was a great pleasure for me to serve you personally and to spend some time with you.
I hope to meeting again very soonn and I hope you always recommend the Umbria region to everyone in the future. I wish you the best for the summer.

kind regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2017

I had the pleasure of dining at L'Antico Forziere during my trip to Deruta. The food was Amazing! Then came dessert (after a pre-dessert). Their desserts are visual masterpieces and delicious, too. The Foie Gras was incredible, and also the Sea bass filled with saffron asparagus puree. Finished off with Gran Dessert, almost too pretty to eat, but so glad I did! Absolutely Stellar!

Samuele R, Proprietario at Ristorante L'Antico Forziere, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thank you for your review and your lunch last week. We appreciated very much your lunch, I really hope to meeting you soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

What a great experience. The food was outstanding, then came the dessert (after a pre-dessert). Their desserts are masterpieces. We had Sea bass filled with saffron asparagus puree. We finished our meal with their "Gran Dessert". It was a sampling of desserts that my wife and I shared. If ever in that area again, will be sure to stop there

Samuele R, Proprietario at Ristorante L'Antico Forziere, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Wonderful review, thank you. We are very happy you appreciated so much our restaurant and our dishes. I look forward to meeting you again in the future, it will be a great pleasure for me to serve you everytime all our seasonal dishes.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

We found this country house after a bit of looking. It was well worth the discovery. THe meals were to the standard of masterchef - without the hefty price tag

Samuele R, Proprietario at Ristorante L'Antico Forziere, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Thank you very much for your review, I hope to meeting you again and I really hope you always promote the Umbria region everywhere.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Attended a private party for my sisters 50th wedding anniversary. Outstanding quality allied to outstanding service makes it quite difficult to compose a meaningful review. The food was superb with fabulous presentation.

Samuele R, Proprietario at Ristorante L'Antico Forziere, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2017

Thank you very much for your wonderful review.
I'm very happy you appreciated so much our restaurant and I really hope to meeting you again in the future.