Aparthotel Tamarix
Neilson Alana Beachclub(Starigrad-Paklenica)
Hotel Rajna(Starigrad-Paklenica)
Priceline
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 January 2015 via mobile

This was the first place I chose to stay when planning our vacation...and was our favorite place by far. A tiny village...a beautiful room feet from the water. I stood at the window and watched fish swim in the clear water! We had a kitchen and there was a small store next to the hotel. The tiny beach was our favorite in all of Croatia. My father's family emigrated from a tiny village across the water in the Velebit mountains. When I mentioned this to the owner she brought the housekeeper to me and pointed to where the village was. The owner encouraged us to go try to find my distant family. We did it! Though they only spoke Croatian and German...we got by on my broken German. I would not have had the courage to go if not for the owner of this hotel. And meeting them is a memory I will always hold close to my heart. This was such a perfect place to be...that I almost do not want to ruin it's charm by telling people to go there! But go! And stay at the Aparthotel Tamarix. Gps will lead you astray but take a good look at the picture of the building and stay on the main road.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2014

My wife and I stayed here as a rest stop on our drive from Dubrovnik to Pula to catch a flight home. The town itself is a sleepy little village with beautiful views of the mainland coast mountains. In late October we had the place to ourselves. The Tamarix was very clean, bright, modern and well equipped as far as the kitchen goes. The bathroom was also clean and modern. Obviously it was quiet and restful. In the summer with the place full of rutting, partying Germans, et al., it may not be as quiet. Also in late October not much is open so bring your groceries, etc. and plan to drive a little to reach a restaurant. Great place though!

Room Tip: Others have said ground floor rooms lack privacy
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank subtropical_ken
Reviewed 27 September 2014

Fabulous stay, large spotlessly clean apartment, lovely breakfast. Beautiful location, beach 100meters, three good resturants five minutes away and two bars, little shop and market (two stalls!) selling local produce at week-ends. Highly recommend for relaxing holiday. Car is a must although only 20mins from airport Vinjerac is 1 mile off main road and bus stop at top!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

This affordable apartment block ON the beach quite literally is awesome! The village is quiet with only three resteraunts and two pubs. But the food is fresh and caught across the way.If you like seafood this place is heaven. We highly recommend Tamarix as it is beautiful and we'll be back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The hotel is in a little village a bit off the beaten path. Unfortunately we got a room on the ground floor. The only thing between our window and the boats in the harbour was a pedestrian walkway and there was a constant stream of people passing by who could look directly into our room. The ventilation window in our bathroom actually opened up into the hotel's lobby area and since the room did not have any other ventilation, we ended up keeping the place mostly closed up. Parking is a nightmare, you do get an assigned spot but I think we could only use it once, it was either taken by someone else or people parked taking up more than one space so you couldn't fit in.

Room Tip: Avoid room number 8
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple