“Great beach taverna”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Lovely location, great view and good food - almost perfect except for the fact that it closed on Day 2 of our 2 week holiday despite the fact that there were still loads of holidaymakers about (3rd week of September) and the weather was hot and sunny. I do not understand why they do this, I thought the islands, and the Greeks generally, rely on tourism - people are still visiting into October and they actually want to eat in these tavernas.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Loved the steep ascent and double line of stairs up to the restaurant. It's certainly in a great location if you visit in daylight. Our visit was for dinner and, unfortunately, neither the quality of the restaurant furniture nor the quality of the food would have us rushing back. The service, however, was pleasant enough. It's probably great as a beach bar/café but, based on our visit, its credentials as a restaurant with great food are highly questionable. Maybe we chose the wrong meals or, more probably, maybe we chose the wrong evening to visit for dinner. Unusually, I didn't finish my meal because the meat content was too dry - as if it had been overcooked. I give them the benefit of the doubt in scoring the restaurant as average. However, I am intrigued by the number of very good comments so we MIGHT just try this again to ascertain whether we were just unlucky on the first visit.

2  Thank Ray L
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

This little restaurant a few meters up the hill from the Kaminua beach is in my opinion one of the best places to eat good food in the area of Skala. All dishes are well prepared, daily menus often include fresh fish. There is also enough space for kids to play in the tiny garden and the views are nice too thanks to the elevated position. If you struggle to find good food in Skala, come to Anemos for lunch but also for dinner (tip)!

3  Thank Claudio888
Reviewed 18 September 2017

great view great food and great service worth a visit for lunch tranquil and relaxed open restaurant good back ground music and free after dinner drinks

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We called in here after a hard day sunbathing and what a treat, cool having roast on the sun beds and keen to grab some food and rehydration, I had the grilled sardines which were delicious. If you want a relaxed day cannot recommend the beach taverna combo enough.