“Basic Accomodation...but food was delicious”

Blue Sea Callao Garden
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Callao Salvaje
Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our week in Tenerife. Yes, the rooms are basic (it is only 3 star) but the bed was comfortable and we could make a decent cuppa. I have seen many reviews about the food... Well I am a fussy eater but I can honestly say I ate far too much at every mealtime. Every day was totally different (apart from chips) We upgraded to all inclusive after booking half board and it was worth every penny. Short walk to beach and shops. Lots of hills but I managed even with bad hips. If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel for a quiet holiday in the sun you can't go wrong.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa H
BLS H, Customer Reviews Manager at Blue Sea Callao Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Hi Lisa H
Thank you for your positive review of our Blue Sea Callao Garden. We are glad to see that your stay has been pleasant and that you enjoyed the food. The chef is proud of your kind comments and thanks you very much. Indeed, without being luxurious, the hotel offers all the comfort and service within the category of 3 stars as well as a high ratio between quality and price. This makes it the ideal accommodation for many of our customers. We are glad that you have also appreciated these aspect and thank you for publishing so. You will always be welcome.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,016)

Reviewed 26 November 2017

We love this part of the island and have stayed here many times over the last few years usually on a self catering basis unfortunately we struggled to find accommodation for last week and having stayed in 3* all inclusive hotels in other parts of the island and having always found them excellent value for money we opted for this hotel but it was poor. Our room was very, very dated the bath was rusty, the kitchen surfaces were covered in ants and tiny white spiders, we had to leave the bathroom light on as on the second night I got up to go to the toilet and ended up chasing a cockroach around, the food was appalling and I'm not a picky eater but after the first day we stopped eating in the restaurant- it's more like a canteen - and ate out all the time. I asked for a ground floor apartment and got one with a fabulous sea view which was a one of the two positives from our weeks stay in this hotel the other being watching the Zumba Aqua Fit the girl made it so much fun for everyone taking part and the spectator's .I hate to give such a negative review but I really can't understand how anyone can give this place a rating of 4 or 5.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor apatrtment with a sea view.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank suggy123
BLS H, Customer Reviews Manager at Blue Sea Callao Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear suggy123
We are so sorry to see that your satisfaction has not been high and that you appear to have suffered some discomfort while staying with us at Hotel Blue Sea Callao Garden. We apologise for not meeting your expectations and read all of your suggestions with great care.
We will look into the insect infestation in your room. Luckily, this is not a usual occurance and we will fix it immediately. We very much appreciate you positive comments about our excellent location, the great service you received from our wonderful staff and the high value for money that we offer. It's a pity that this was not enough to make your stay a successful one. We send you a cordial greeting.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

The furniture in the room is from 70s. The couch and the recliners are dirty and broken. The kitchen looks very old and some of the utensils and classes were missing. We had only one wine class, though the apartment was for four persons. We also had only 2 balcony chairs.The room smells like someone has been smoking there recently. There was hardly any warm water running from the shower. The only thing that worked was cleaning. Furthermore some guests were very noisy when returning from their parties at early morning hours. Some of the receptionist didn't speak very much English and make false promises.

Room Tip: Rooms near the street have less noise
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Markku V
BLS H, Customer Reviews Manager at Blue Sea Callao Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Hello Markku V
We are sorry to see that you consider our accommodation to be the 'worst hotel ever'. It's clear to see that we have not met your expectations and apologise for this.
Indeed the hotel is not ultra modern but overall we offer good value for money and are appreciated by guests who want a relaxing holiday without affecting their budget. We regret that this was not enough for you and that you have valued us negatively overall.
We appreciate your positive comments, especially about the cleanliness and the efforts of our team to satisfy our guests.
To finish, we want to thank you for being our client, despite seeing that unfortunately your satisfaction has not been high.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

I booked family all inclusive holiday for my 6 children husband and myself , don't know where to start the day we arrived, went to room to find we didn't have any tea coffee f facilities, The room had a broken kitchen side , broken plug socket, has cockroaches in the bath room and the light shades,, absolutely nothing for my children to do we couldn't even play in the football courts unless I payed , they has bike s to hire but not for children , mini disco at night because they didn't have loads if children the entertainer didn't do anything with them ,I had to complain,, The good was disgusting , we had to eat out because I couldnt have my children living of chips,, people are rude , no snack bars around for ice cream drinks etc, we even had to pay for tv £1 a hour , only channel in English was the sky news I have to say this was the worst holiday ever for me and my family ,, oh my 8 year old son cut his toe in the pool due to the tiles coming away at the bottom

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Katrina M
BLS H, Customer Reviews Manager at Blue Sea Callao Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Hi Katrina M
It pains us to see that we have not met your expectations and that your family has not found our hotel as we would like them to. The apartments are not intended to be luxurious but to provide a simple yet comfortable base in a good location, from where families can enjoy a pleasant holiday without hurting their budget. We are sad to see this has not been so in your case and we have to apologise for this. We will read all of your comments carefully with the aim of greatly improving the points mentioned.
We say goodbye by sending you a greeting and thanking you for visiting us.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend first got to the hotel at 12:45 in the day and got told we cannot go to our room until 16:00 but can enjoy the all inclusive and bar in the meantime which is fine with the exception of carrying suitcases around for 3 hours in the heat, we get a room and the whole room is smelling damp and I don't mean a little problem I mean like there is a huge problem the wardrobes stunk so bad of damp we couldn't use them stained the smell of our clothes, the all inclusive wasn't to bad for the first 2-3 days could deal with it but became to much and made us both very poorly for the duration, the ice cubes in the bar you could actually see brown bits inside it which obviously melt into your drink, WORST possible part after 4 days my toothbrush had definitely been tampered with by the cleaner as it was brand new and purchased over there and a few days later the brush had become over powering with the strongest possible smell off what could only be sewer or garbage where the cleaner has 100% used my toothbrush to either clean the toilet or there own butt, I have straight clean white teeth and not at all possible to create such horrific smell I was mortified and to stop myself from smashing the whole hotel up to complain to Spanish receptionists who can't speak one word of English except for hello I just left as wasn't prepared to stay in jail, avoid at all costs this isn't exaggeration waste your money if you don't believe me

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harry C

Dear Harry C
We are very sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory and we apologise for this but we do not accept that your toothbrush has been used in the way you accuse us of. We are saddened to see that your review does not actually offer any helpful information for us to improve upon. Without being luxurious our hotel offers high value for money and is perfectly suited for families or couples who want to enjoy a stay on our island without hurting their budget. We recognise that we are not perfect but we do try to provide a good level of service to our guests. In your case this has not been satisfactory and so we say goodbye with a greeting and our sincere apologies.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Callao Salvaje
12.1 km away
Allegro Isora
Allegro Isora
#1 of 1 in Playa de la Arena

Been to Blue Sea Callao Garden? Share your experiences!