“Gili's Perfect Hideaway”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Olivia N
“Gili's Perfect Hideaway”
Reviewed 24 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Firstly, if you are considering taking a trip to Gili Trawangan, do not think twice! It was the most amazing place and for someone who has visited mainland Bali 7 times prior, Gili was absolutely picturesque and stunning.
Staying at Mandalika was daunting as a solo young female traveller but the host, Guillaume, was a Godsent! A French man who now lives on the island is an abundance of knowledge and is always more than happy to help you out.
The attraction to Mandalika was obviously the cheap rate and the inclusion of a bike (as there are no cars etc on the island). Having a bike was probably necessary given it is a 5/6 minute ride to the main road, but its a very 'local' fun ride which I loved. It's also nice being away from the hustle and bustle of the island especially the loud nightclubs. .
The room itself was great - the bed is massive, the bathroom is clean and there is an aircon! Also loved the little additions such as the beach bag and umbrella.
My trip was only 3 days but on the last night my bag was stolen with my phone, money room key etc in it (travelling tip #1, don't leave your bag on the beach at 2.30am because locals WILL steal it!). I was absolutely devastated but Guillaume let me into my room very early on my return (3.30AM!!) without a fuss and was great to deal with when discussing replacement of the keys.
Next year I'll be taking a few family members to Gili and will definitely be staying at Mandalika again!
Thank you so much for your help Guillaume, see you soon!

Date of stay: November 2016
11 Jan 2017
Thank you Olivia for your detailed and nice review! It will be a pleasure to host you and your family again.
Stephanie...
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Wondefful”
Reviewed 18 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We actually stayed here for 2 months whilst my partner completed his dive master course. Mandalika is great and we had 0 complaints!
The room is cleaned daily and fresh bedding and towels upon request. There is free bike rental and breakfast is included in the room rate. We were never once disappointed with the service or the room! Excellent place, very safe and secure and only 10 minutes from the main bit!

Date of stay: October 2016
21 Oct 2016
Thank you Stéphanie, Thank you Andrew for this nice review. We're very glad you enjoy your stay, and we hope to meet you again!
Jonathan...
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Excellent service and ideal location”
Reviewed 22 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

The place was nicely tucked away and was very safe and secure. We were made to feel very welcome and it felt very cosy! I'd recommend it to anyone.

Date of stay: July 2016
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
25 Aug 2016
Thank you for your feedback Jonathan, it was a pleasure to host you.
chantalgm...
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Free Bike Rental & Excellent Pancakes”
Reviewed 10 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

This is such a nice spot if you really want to live between the locals and expats in Gili T. It is also nice and quiet since it is a few hundred meters from the main strip. We had a lovely comfortable stay - the breakfast was great and the free bike rental a real game changer for us. You need a bike for Gili T because it is worth exploring the entire island. The staff was helpful and friendly.

Date of stay: April 2016
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The free bike
Liked least: Not Applicable
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
11 May 2016
Thank you very much Chantal. We're very glad you enjoyed your stay!
krametime
Portland, Oregon
“Clean, big rooms with friendly staff only a few min from main road”
Reviewed 4 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

The cottage was lovely as was the service provided by Gaspar's staff. The cottage itself is 5-10 minutes form the main strip, which I appreciated as it allowed for a quieter stay but still allowed for easy access to the bars and restaurants. I especially enjoyed the free bike - that allowed me to see the whole island easily - and the free breakfast. All great for a solo traveler on a budget!

While I didn't meet Gaspar, he was incredibly communicative before and after my stay and his staff took good care of me when I arrived. I forgot my computer charger and Gaspar made sure I got it back 3 days later even though I was on a different Gili Island!

Date of stay: May 2016
5 May 2016
Thank you very much Anne for this nice review! We're very glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you back!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.