Hotel Xixim
US$240
US$204
Luxurycollection
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$226/night.

US$748
  • Pool
US$209
US$204
Travelocity
All reviewsmaster suitedirt roadeco resortevery morningget awayjuan carlosjuice barremote locationknowledgeable guidethe hotel websitecaptive audiencecevichemiles and milessea saltreception arealocal dishesday tour
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Great place to be. Perfect location to relax and enjoy nature, the exact opposite of seaside resorts, built with a respect of the environment and local ecosystems. Of course, no A/C. Nice and large huts/rooms, mosquito nets, open air shower, great staff, good restaurant. We loved the 7:30 coffee delivered in the room! You'll even find complimentary insect repellent...which is a must have in this environment. But you cannot blame the hotel for mosquitos...

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
XIXIM, Owner at Hotel Xixim, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Dear Eric C,

In my name and in the name of all the staff that works in Xixim, Unique Mayan Hotel, we thank you for your exquisite, delightful review.

Thank you for understanding that in such an environment we can only control mosquitoes, but not eradicate them, as much of the wildlife that we are proud of, feeds on them such as birds and iguanas. Indeed, we, as human beings are the intruders.

Thank you also for having enjoyed our setting, the morning treat in your suite, the food and the personalized service or our staff.

We obviously hope, that you path will bring you soon back to Xixim, where we will pamper you again as you deserve.

Wishing you a wonderful day and an interesting weekend,

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

Hotel Xixim is the best place to find peace and calm in Celestún , the service is excellent and the ecotouristic hotel has a low environmental impact policy , this is why I was surprised to see drinks served at the Pool and at the beach in plastic glasses , that was my only disappointment.

It is also important to know that not all the rooms have wi fi and none of them have air conditioning only ceiling fans which are enough because the shaks are near the beach and there it is fresh and windy .

Overall it was an amazing experience and if you plan doing the biking tour to the lighthouse you need to rent the bone somewhere else and be prepared because it is a four hours ride , two hrs. to get there have a picnic ( take a lot of water and snacks with you) and two hours to come back to the hotel . The view from the lighthouse is absolutely worth it! And it is an Amazing feeling to "earn the view" after a long biking trip.

When I was back from the biking trip I drank the best coca cola ever ! at Xixims pool . Try it out you will not regreat it!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
XIXIM, Owner at Hotel Xixim, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Dear Lorena T,

In my name and in the name of all the staff that works in Xixim, Unique Mayan Hotel, we thank you for your lovely, charming review.

By law and tourism dispositions, one con not serve drinks in glasses in pool or public areas, as they might break and injure guests. Believe me, I was also annoyed at this disposition, trying to be an ecological resort, but nothing doing – law is law – and if we do not comply with this, we can have a huge penalty fee from our Secretaría de Salud – Health Department – and even they can close up the premises.

I am thrilled that you are such an AMAZING ecotraveler. To go bicycling 20 km to the El Palmar Lighthouse with a very bad sandy road, lots of sun and heat with no shade, is astonishing. I am surprised and thankful, that you arrived – we are somewhat responsible for our gests as a hotel company.

Indeed the view is surely worthwhile the trip.

I obviously hope, that you will come back soon to Xixim, where we will pamper you again as you deserve.

Wishing you a wonderful day and an interesting weekend,

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

After reading some reviews commenting on the bad things about this place, I had some reservations before our arrival. Now after three days here, I can say without a doubt Hotel Xixim is fabulous in every way. The staff is extremely friendly, helpful, and patient with my poor Spanish. The food was fresh, well presented, and always reliably delicious. The room was clean and comfortable. The beach does have a lot of algae at the shoreline, but was fine further out. Will definitely come back!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
XIXIM, Owner at Hotel Xixim, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Dear Wonderful

In my name and in the name of all the staff that works in Xixim, Unique Mayan Hotel, we thank you for this enhancing, beautiful review.

What can I say, you clearly mentioned all we want to offer in Xixim: fabulous place, extremely friendly staff, delicious fresh food, clean an comfortable room. We are very thankful that you noticed and appreciated it.

The natural phenomenon of algae on the beach has occurred only a few times in the history of Xixim. As bad as you encountered it, only twice. There is nothing that we can do: the sea brings it and it has to take it away again. Right now it is gone – we obviously are happy.

I am extremely thankful about your statement “Will definitely come back!” This is the best gift a hotelier can get. We will obviously pamper you, as you deserve, on your next visit.

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Xixim is a very beautiful hotel but it should offer more for the price we paid... The food is not good, from breakfast to dinner has a lot of opportunities... The beach is terrible, dirty, smells, it doesn't feel like going swimming... I just won't come back

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
XIXIM, Owner at Hotel Xixim, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2016

Dear Luzani

In my name and in the name of all the staff that works in Xixim, Unique Mayan Hotel, we thank you for having taken your time to write your review.

I am profoundly sorry, that you encountered our beach with this stinky mud and heaps of seaweed. I fully understand that you couldn’t dare to swim in these waters. In the 21 years of existence of Xixim, we have had this natural phenomenon only twice. This one and another one about 15 years ago. We obviously do not like it whatsoever, but unfortunately there is nothing a human being can do. The sea brings it and we have to wait until the sea washes it away again. I hope this will happen soon.

What I regret the most is, that you did not like our food. Normally we get very good comments on it. I do not know what happened with the kitchen during your stay. I apologize for this flaw.

Last, but not least, your comment ‘I just won’t come back’ saddens me. Hopefully you can reconsider this statement and give us another chance to show you the bright, unique and mystique face of Xixim.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

I would say this hotel allows you to enjoy the beach and your beloved ones with a privacy that no other will offer you. The personnel is very kind and the room has everything a luxury hotel would do. You can do kayak in the beach or enjoy cosy hammocks in your own room. Definitely this hotel is a perfect option if you get to this zone to see the flamingos.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms are the best, and the master suites have a very appropriate distribution
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
XIXIM, Owner at Hotel Xixim, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2016

Dear AntonioBejarano,

In my name and in the name of all the staff that works in Xixim, Unique Mayan Hotel, we thank you for such a lovely, delightful review.

What can I say, you captured the essence of Xixim 'the joy of being, of wellbeing' with yourself, your beloved ones and with Mother Nature.

Thank you so much for this appreciation and we obviously hope that your path brings you back to Xixim in the near future, where we will pamper you as you deserve.

Kind regards,