This is the place to go if you really want to get away from it all! We chose Xixim for our recent visit out to Celestun to see the flamingos. This hotel is about a 20 minute drive (partly on dirt road) from town, so if you don't have a car, plan to call the hotel when you arrive in town or arrange in advance for them to pick you up. They do have a free car they will send for you (we didn't realize this in advance) - just tip the driver. When at the hotel, you can request a ride back and forth from town but you'll need to arrange this in advance to be sure someone is available.
The property itself is beautiful and would be a lovely and romantic honeymoon resort. Many birds, including flocks of parakeets, can be seen in mornings especially, iquanas and raccoons! The restaurant is nice (somewhat pricey).
When we stayed in early March, it was almost empty - kind of eerie, but nice. The room is beautiful with nice covered porch and hammock. Coffee and coffee cake is put in your window in the morning (grab it quick before a raccoon pays a visit in your window!). The shower is amazing - glass enclosed stall to outside - beautiful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- XIXIM: a different alternative. Consciousness, love for intact nature, rediscovering yourself, high quality and the simplicity of our services are the secrets that we generously share in our paradise...Hotel XIXIM is an ecological paradise. Bordered by an unspoiled beach that stretches forever, a dwarf palm plantation and an abundance of indigenous vegetation, the environment here has always taken precedent over profit, in this very special, luxuriously rustic hotel. At present, we have 32 thatched cabanas, 24 junior suites with 2 four-poster double beds and 8 master suites with a king size bed, each with its own private verandah and en-suite bathroom. An extremely large thatched, double-story rondavel with sweeping views of the beach, golden sunsets and our pool area. Upstairs one will find El Santuario, our fully stocked bar and lounge area, and downstairs, our pride and joy, Restaurant Zaxim. The buildings dramatic thatched roof with the longest, straightest tree trunk supports, graphically canopy your occasion.Our Wellness Center as a set of architectural human and natural elements: palapas and mangroves, buildings and coastal dunes, windows overlooking the emerald-green sea, open spaces yet of intimate dimensions, each and every one of them integrated to the pristine nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Xixim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eco Paraiso Xixim Celestun
- Eco Paraiso Xixim Hotel Celestun