Free cancellation until 04/08
  • Breakfast included
Hotel San Julio(Celestun)
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmaster suitedirt roadget awayeach morningjuan carlosjuice bareco hotelremote locationhour driveknowledgeable guidethe hotel websitefamily poolcaptive audiencecevichemiles and milessea saltreception area
Reviewed 8 June 2017

Absolutely remarkable place with love to every single detail

Love is everywhere.
Fountains, mural, paintings, esculptures,
REcipies, presentation, walking paths, native trees, birds, even bees are just there to remind us about LOVE

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear BeatrizRivMaya,

What can I say about this beautiful, enhancing and delightful review.

LOVE is what we want to share with you in every detail, in our service, in our premises, but mostly surrounded by this pristine setting. Nature, Mother Earth, la Pachamama is what holds everything together: birth, life and death, all in a loving creative unison.

Thank you so much for having perceived this in your visit.

I sincerely hope this is not the only visit to Xixim, Unique Mayan Hotel, as we would love to pamper you again.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

About 1-1/2 hour drive from the airport in Merida. The food is really good, with large portions. The restaurant is your only option for food, unless you want to eat “street food” in the town of Celestum. The entire staffs were very friendly and helpful and they all spoke English. Beautiful grounds with native vegetation, only thing is that they don’t clean the beach of seaweed, which would be nice.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alfredo J

Dear Alfredo J,

In my name and in the name of all the staff of Xixim, Unique Mayan Hotel, I thank you for such a pleasant, charming review.

About 15 years ago, I remember I was managing the hotel and we got about one meter of seaweed wide and 30cm thick. I sent all my staff out to clean it in the morning. It was a horrendous work in the sun and heat. They could clean about a two meter path, which in the afternoon was again covered with the same amount of seaweed. Nevertheless, the next day, the waves had cleaned our beach back to enjoy a white sand beach full of seashells.

As many times in Xixim, you are confronted with the force and presence of Nature, which with we human beings cannot fight against, we can only surrender.

I really hope this is not your last visit to Xixim, Unique Mayan Hotel so that you can enjoy a beautiful beach without seaweed.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 May 2017

I wasn't certain of where to stay while in Celestún as there did not seem to be many options so we picked hotel Xixim and we were not disappointed!

The hotel is about 20 min from the main town on sand roads, you'll pass pink salt lagoons on your way there. The staff was very friendly. You receive a chaya drink when you arrive and the rooms are very nice. Clean and comfortable. There is no A/C and internet doesn't work well but this an ecohotel on a remote beach in Mexico, enjoy the scenery! The restaurant is very good, prices higher than your usual but good nonetheless. We saw many families with children but they definitely didn't interrupt our calm getaway. We loved it so much that we checked out the next day as planned and then spent the day on their beach. If you're planning to stay in Celestún I definitely recommend this place. Try to coordinate your stay with the flamingos making it worth it twice, the flamingos fly off by mid/end of March.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Priscilla N

Dear Priscilla N,

Thank you so much for your beautiful opinion on Xixim, Unique Mayan Hotel.

I have some good news for you: we have installed AC in the rooms at the request of our clients. You can enjoy this new facility as of June 2017.
The internet is another issue, which we want to improve, but the telecommunication in Mexico is still somewhat monopoly and very expensive. We are trying to enhance it as soon as possible.

Thank you so much for having spent your next day with us and for your hearty recommendation of Xixim.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

This is the place to go if you really want to get away from it all! We chose Xixim for our recent visit out to Celestun to see the flamingos. This hotel is about a 20 minute drive (partly on dirt road) from town, so if you don't have a car, plan to call the hotel when you arrive in town or arrange in advance for them to pick you up. They do have a free car they will send for you (we didn't realize this in advance) - just tip the driver. When at the hotel, you can request a ride back and forth from town but you'll need to arrange this in advance to be sure someone is available.

The property itself is beautiful and would be a lovely and romantic honeymoon resort. Many birds, including flocks of parakeets, can be seen in mornings especially, iquanas and raccoons! The restaurant is nice (somewhat pricey).

When we stayed in early March, it was almost empty - kind of eerie, but nice. The room is beautiful with nice covered porch and hammock. Coffee and coffee cake is put in your window in the morning (grab it quick before a raccoon pays a visit in your window!). The shower is amazing - glass enclosed stall to outside - beautiful!

Room Tip: All the cabanas appear to be lovely, along nature trails.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LeavingSeattle
XIXIM, Owner at Hotel Xixim, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Dear LeavingSeattle,

In my name and in the name of all the staff that works in Xixim, Unique Mayan Hotel, I thank you for such a lovely, delightful review.

I specially liked all the tips you are giving to future visitors. I couldn’t describe it better. Thank you so much, they are very precise and will help a lot.

It is wonderful that you could see flocks of parakeets. They are not always there, and yes, you are right, the raccoons are very intelligent and they know when and where to get some food. UUPPSS!! I was really astonished the first time it happened to me. As you state, grab it before raccoons do.

Finally, I hope this is not your last visit to Xixim, Unique Mayan Hotel. We would love to pamper you again

Wishing you a wonderful day and a blessed Easter,
Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2017

The Hotel Xixim is truly a unique maya experience. It is located about 11 kilometer north of the town of Celestun. It has a magnificent reception area and you stay in your own private "Bungalow" with a private patio. The rooms are spacious. The staff goes above and beyond to care for your every need. The beach is fantastic. Two pools, spa, gym, yoga studios, juice bar, restaurant and bar.

Room Tip: Drive in to town and eat the the Pampanos ! Excellent food, large portions
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
XIXIM, Owner at Hotel Xixim, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Dear Queenofspaids,

In my name and in the name of all the staff of Xixim, Unique Mayan Hotel, I thank you for such an exquisite, charming review.

I am very pleased that you liked our premises, but most of all, that you appreciated the effort of our staff to give personalized attention and service.

I also loved your name Queenofspaids – wonderful! I play bridge and this is a powerful card. Good for you.

I really hope this is not your last visit to Xixim, Unique Mayan Hotel, where we would love to pamper you again.

Wishing you a wonderful day and a blessed Easter,