“Best pizza in the world!”
Review of Avanti

Avanti
Ranked #61 of 226 Restaurants in Kos Town
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Lovely restaurant on the sea front. Very good service - everybody was so friendly. Tipped our waitress 10 euros because she was so good. Lovely and chatty and said we could stay as long as we liked - even though there wasn't anybody left in the restaurant. Stonebaked pizza amazing and dessert pizza even better!! Went back the second night because we enjoyed it so much but had no money left for much other than pizza so they insisted on giving us a free drink (remembered what we had had the night before!) and a mini dessert too. Our favourite restaurant in the whole of Kos. Lovely :)

There are newer reviews for Avanti

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We ate here on two occasions and both time had a wonderful meal. It was one of only two restaurants we visited which had my favourite Greek wine. The staff were very friendly particularly Emma and it was a lovely surprise when they gave us all a free liquor to round off lovely meals.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Made a return visit to this Italian restaurant, after having a wonderful meal here on a previous holiday. It has a great location on the front, with views of the sea across the road. Needing a change from all of the Greek food we has tried, we were so glad we came back. We ordered the bread and dips as an appetiser, which were only €1 each. The bread was straight from the oven and the dips were gorgeous. Our main courses took a while to arrive, but they were well worth the wait.. I had the shrimp linguine, with mushrooms & sundried tomatoes and my husband had pork stuffed with Parmesan and tomato. The shellfish on my pasta were the best and freshest I have ever had. We both agreed it was the best meal of the holiday. We were give a complimentary taster of tiramisu to end the meal. Highly recommend paying this place a visit if you love Italian food.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Avanti is a decent, Italian-themed restaurant/café, that occupies the ground floor of the Triton hotel. On the night we visited, there weren’t many diners and we were not very hungry but for what we had, my wife and I were pleasantly surprised by both the quality and service.

My wife had the penne Caprese, which had the classic combination of tomato, mozzarella and basil. The pasta was cooked well, perfect for those who like it served “al dente”. The sauce was good and the mozzarella decent – if, (according to my wife), a little bland, (even for mozzarella).
Inspired by my wife’s pasta Caprese, I chose the pizza Caprese which had a good base, and excellent toppings. If I had to criticise, they used the (more expensive) fresh mozzarella on the pizza, which contains a lot of liquid. This led to the inner pizza becoming a little wet. Most Italians will use a drier, (ironically cheaper), mozzarella, which won’t lose as much liquid in the cooking process. Saying that, both courses were very good.

As I said, we were not very hungry, so declined the dessert menu and relaxed to finish our excellent bottle of local red wine. After a break of some fifteen minutes, the superb waitress brought us a complimentary panna cotta, with a delicious cherry syrup sauce and two spoons. A big thank you for that. It was also excellent. We finished with two coffees and a glass of rakomelo, a local drink made from a combination of raki and honey – very, very nice.

I’d recommend Avanti to anyone who fancies a change from Greek.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

A nice restaurant on the waterfront it was nice to get away from Greek food after spending 3 weeks on the island a lot of restaurants here seem to have identical menus so it was a refreshing change. The wood fired pizza was really good and the service was fantastic. I would definitely eat here again.