“Delicious local food and very good wine”
Review of Contadi Gasparotti

Contadi Gasparotti
Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Tirano
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

Following some excellent previous reviews we read we went along and weren't disappointed. The food was great (tapas kind of style and set menu) and Anna even gave us the recipe book to have a look at to see what we were eating!
Wine was also great and all was very good value. 6 courses for €15, wine by the glass for €4 to €6 and all served by a very friendly and helpful lady! Very happy.
Go along and I'm sure you also won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

My wife and I visited this amazing quaint restaurant of Contadi Gasparotti on the hillside of Tirano, a small walk from the train station.

We were greeted by Ana, the owner and operator of this amazing slice of heaven. She was spot on with her wine recommendation of their family wine selection to pair well with their 6 course meal prepared in true Italian style with all of the love in the world put into these dishes.

Her bright smile and zeal for life had us from the very first course as our palates and tastebuds were pleasantly satisfied from the moment we saw the quant hillside ristorante.

We so wish we lived closer to her and this beautiful town of Tirano. Some day we will come back to enjoy her wonderful haven of fine food!

You must come and try!!!
Gratzie!

Reviewed 1 August 2016

Our hotel, Hotel Centrale, recommended we eat at Contadi Gasparotti, only a short walk away. We were seated in the mezzanine and proceeded to drink wine and eat plate after plate of excellent food. All plates were small, a la tapas, varied and excellent. Two and a half hours later we finished, having had a memorable evening talking and laughing and eating and drinking! If I'm ever nearby, I would make it a point to eat there again!

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

This little wine and "agribar" was located just down the street from our hotel a few short minutes (walking) from oldtown area of Tirano.

The owner/operator is absolutely wonderful -- nice, friendly, helpful, and generous. The place is very nice and modern on the inside and the food and wine were wonderful.

For €15 we had a five course meal and we sampled all of the red wines (made by the owner of the restaurant -- as they have a vineyard). The wines were additional but the total bill for two was about €65 -- for 2, five-course meals (meat and cheese, "cheese pancakes, brasaola (dried beef) and mashed potatoes, mushroom and cheese crepe, and dessert), 2 coffees, and 6 glasses of wine.

Absolutely a must visit if you're in the area. Loved it!!!!! The best!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 7 July 2016

We were staying a few steps away at an absolutely wonderful inn called, Ostello del Castello, and they sent us down to Anna's place for dinner. It was one of the most enchanting nights of our entire 10-day trip to Europe. We fell head over heels in love with Anna and her glorious food and (for me) wine. I was traveling solo with my 12-year old and he couldn't get enough of Anna's apple juice, produced from local apples. It was a magical evening! I miss Anna and know we'd be friends if I lived in Tirano. Funny too, because I speak no Italian and she spoke little English, but her warmth and charm were apparent in everything she did. I'll never get over this place and the fact that I can't return whenever I want to.