“Lyonnaise cooking in Cote dAzur”
Review of Le Petit Bouchon

Le Petit Bouchon
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 December 2015

Recommended by locals this restaurant in the old section of Mouans Sartoux, close to the Chateau has everything you need for a traditional French meal. We visited twice & we're very happy each time with flavour, quality & service

Reviewed 5 December 2015 via mobile

Great restaurant for casual lunch or diner. Food is typical traditional french cuisine. Service is of quality with the athmosphere of a brasserie

Reviewed 19 August 2015

It is in the centre of old town Mouans-Sartoux which is of course lovely but we were sat around the corner from the main hub of this restaurant and felt like we got more attendtion from the restau next door than our waiters! The food was fine - it was good and probably "fait a maison" but not amazing. I had frog's legs which are quite hard to cook but were pretty tough and not very tasty (yes I have eaten them before and they were much much better than these). The dauphinoise was good and the parmentier canard was good too but really nothing amazing. I regret not having gone to the other lovely looking restaurants in the old town - but there's always another day!

Reviewed 29 November 2014

I really want to leave rave reviews about the food as many others have done because the staff are so lovely and attentive. However, we found the food well-presented and nice, but really nothing special. We ended up having to take the 34€ menus because there werent any mains we fancied on the 24€ menu (Quenelles, frogs legs, salad...). We had the duck confit, gesiers salds and the foie gras which were all nice and prettily presented. The steak and duck for main were nice but the pommes dauphinoises was very overcooked. The café gourmand was 3€ extra but enough for two! The usual selection of moeulleux au chocolat, creme brulée etc. All nice but nothing special and for the price I think we can find better in Mouans Sartoux. A word of advice - if you can be seated outside by a heater I would, because inside you are seated so close to other tables; we were next to a very loud group of women and we actually couldnt have a conversation the whole evening!

Reviewed 14 October 2014

We happened on this little gem of a restaurant on the last day of our trip. I was immediately attracted by the decor, which was very well done, as well as the food offering from Lyon, which is known for its great food. Fortunately for us, there was a table outside where a very friendly gentleman sat us.
The restaurant offers an "A la carte" selection, as well as a menu with selections from the carte. I chose the menu, which started with an assortment of meats, patés, and rillette, and followed with a Parmentier of Duck confit. Parmentier is the french version of a sheperd's pie, except with this one, it had duck, and it was delicious! My wife selected Prawns in a "Rouille" sauce, which is a highly flavored sauce typically served with fish soup. My daughter chose the roaster daurade, served whole, of course, and my son the Foie gras platter.
The food quality was right on par with my expectations. The server was very friendly and attentive to our needs. For dessert, we all shared the Profiteroles with three flavors of ice cream. It was huge and definitely enough for us to share.
Overall, a great discovery, and excellent food. I will definitely return. Enjoy!