Sandals Royal Barbados
Ocean Two Resort & Residences(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$303
US$167
Yellow Bird Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$152
Rostrevor Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$138
Time Out Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$103
South Gap Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$122
Travelocity
Southern Palms(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$174
  • Pool
Divi Southwinds Beach Resort(Christ Church Parish)
US$159
Sandals Barbados(St. Lawrence Gap)
All reviewssky barsouth seasla parisiennebowling alleyinfinity pooldinner reservationsjerk shacksteak and seafoodbutler serviceroyal sidefew teething problemsrolls royceroom servicelovers lanemain stagefrench restaurantwahoo
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We are seasoned Sandals guests so we were really looking forward to out first trip to Barbados and to see how a Sandals recently built from scratch would be. Sure, a few minor hiccups, but overall this is a BEAUTIFUL property that will only get better with time as amazing foliage grows in.
Nice 15 minute ride from airport, and although we arrived at a very busy point in the afternoon we were shown to out room within 20 minutes of being serenaded getting out of the van.
Our Butler Paul gave us a quick tour then it was off to unpack and dive in the swim up pool outside our room near infinite pool (SUP category)
We really enjoyed both the room and location. We have stayed in the "one Bedroom", which is actually just a sliding patrician as opposed to actually separate room before and were not huge fans, but the size of the "living room" area and patio made it just fine. It is decorated beautifully. Bathroom very nice!
We spent first day at infinite pool which was big and beautiful by the beach but spent most subsequent days at the pool bar meeting people and sampling drinks from the fine staff there.
Now instead of rambling on about points made in other reviews, Ill just give some bullet points that I hope will be helpful:
The bowling alley and the bar and games there in is a GREAT idea and great place to meet up with friends after dinner. When crowded there is a half hour limited per group so you are never left out. A lot of fun.
Cant comment much on entertainment as we enjoy later dinner and missed most of the shows. That said, piano bar in lobby of adding Sandals Barbados was great. Wish I could remember the gentleman name who performed most nights.
This might be a good time to mention that having the other resort just next door and so easily accessible essentially makes it part of the ROYAL experience and offers many added options, not the least of which is an extra Butches and the Merry Monkey Pub. Staff and Merry Monkey were fantastic, and I want to add that this was the best Pub food we had at any Sandals we have been to. Scallop apps and steak as good as any at Butches.
Other dinners we enjoyed were the Lamb and Veal chops at Butches, and the atmosphere at LaPariesian. We are usually buffet people for breakfast but the roof top atmosphere, service and view from La Pariesian made it our go to place for brekkie most days. yes, it can be a little slow but so can the line for omettlets at the buffet, so it was a wash.
Pool areas are lovely, and yes, butlers reserve chairs but our butlers were always quick to point out that all bets are off after 10a, so there should be no complaints.
For those who enjoy Playmakers, they are all next door at the other hotel. Although there was pool aerobics each day and some activities on the beach. This was fine with us. We enjoyed the relative quiet at swim up bar.
Our Butlers Ron, Paul, and Shaquille did a great job. We celebrated our 35th anniversary there and they did not let us forget it, with a few nice surprises during the day.
Overall, it was a wonderful stay and we will return. Thanks to everyone there who mad it so enjoyable

Stayed: March 2018
8  Thank Eisenser
Reviewed 31 March 2018

We have recently returned from this hotel and the only fault we have is....wait for it SUNBEDS!!!
Through choice we decided not to have a butler we couldn’t imagine what they could do that we couldn’t do ourselves.
We wanted to book our own restaurants, find our own way around and certainly didn’t want to be accompanied to dinner every night.
However, if we had known about the sunbed set-up (should have read the reviews) we may have thought differently.
One morning the butlers (not in uniform but hoodies) were heard moving sunbeds at 4.50 am. I went down to the pool at 5.10 am and there wasn’t one available sunbed.
I asked them where I could sit and they clearly didn’t care.
It is possible to remove any reserved items at 10 if the guest don’t show but the butlers had this sorted and placed personal items from their guests on the beds just before 10.

On a positive note this hotel is lovely, the food, rooms, staff we can’t complain about but we will not return to this hotel as we feel we do not require a butler and not prepared to pay for one just to guarantee a spot by the pool

Sandals you need to sort this. More beds are on order apparently but this will only spoil the spacious & pleasant pool area.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
13  Thank nmha2018
Reviewed 31 March 2018

WELL this was a first for us never been to Caribbean, never before stayed all inclusive and have never stayed at a Sandals Resort before.
SO were to begin on arrival met at the airport waited 25mins loaded into a oldish mini bus along with another couple and had a pleasant ride to the resort. Nice touch was the welcome given by the staff who then proceeded to check us in this took around 30mins not so good although the champagne was welcome.
ROOM was on the 5th floor over looking the infinity pool every detail of the room was spot on could not fault.
RESORT went on the orientation tour next morning, had a small map been available it would have been of more use. the site of the Royal is easy enough to navigate but when you stray across the border in to the older Sandals there are an awful lot of little pathways that lead to some where, I'm sure if you spend enough time you can discover some lovely little hidden niches away from the bustle of the crowded pool areas. Pools are plentiful on both sites But don't expect to be able to stretch out under a shady parasol cause there ain't enough of them the Royal being the worst culprit(I'm told they have ordered some more NOT GOOD ENOUGH). If you're like us two, have a little patience and wait till all the sun worshipers have had their fill and the once scarce close to the pool or hot tubs/jacuzzi sunbeds become available, Tip go to the top floor pool by the Sky bar always seemed to be plenty of room and beds and the water was hot enough to have a bath in.
The beach is pleasant enough a little(short) on the small side and an awful lot of seaweed but hey it is the seaside, plenty of sun loungers but not a lot of shade just enough next to the water sports shack and close to the bar and eatery, remember to raise your little flag if you need rehydrating. Note the water can be quite rough at times watch out for the red flag.
FOOD Never had a bad meal some better than others we only had to wait once that was at the Italian, the bar next to it kept us entertained for 40mins or so but by then it was past 8 o clock which for us is a little late but ok. Personally didn't or should I say couldn't be bothered to book any of the high end(snigger)restaurants from what I had(and have) read I didn't want the disappointment of being unable to go when I wanted, poor souls with Butlers would feel to aggrieved that some other vacationer had taken away their table.(rant over)(for now).The service at all were very very good. Tip try the French café for coffee and cakes lovely setting.
BARS so many// all very well serviced met some extremely nice and interesting people to chat too. Wonder why we had such a selection of bottles in the room?? should have been asked what you required for an early snifter and left it at that. only saying
TRIPS Went on a 4hr island tour really enjoyed it. Also walked (yes Walked some nice and interesting people thought that was a little much) to Oistins and the St Lawrence Gap nice slow stroll actually took around 40mins each way really really nice to get off site for a while and see some of the island.
FAREWELL Booked a Taxi at the office the day before departure at 2 o clock after asking several times it arrived at 2:30 not impressed but hey we are on holiday(sorry vacation) and had plenty of time to travel to the next part of our Caribbean adventure(Seabourn Cruise),the little farewell song also a nice touch
OVERVIEW Sandals Royal Barbados Resort Very Good service outstanding in most areas sometimes a little to much over the top IMO. My only real gripe was the apparent two tier structure of the resort namely the Butler service. I know a lot has been written about it and I know people pay a lot of money for it but come on, I observed from my room from day one butlers at 6:30am placing their little signs boxes and towels on the sunbeds (later in the week come rain or shine) I thought that sort of entertainment was restricted to the cheap end holidays in the 1970/90 in Europe.Then when booking for the so called top end restaurants days in advance you can't be given a time to suite leaves a sour taste(I can't verify this only what I have read) Sandals clearly needs to take note of how the top end cruise companies treat their guests, the price should be on the room and its amenities then everyone feels special, At the moment it would appear from comments made on various forums the Butler service is upsetting a few and that can not be good for the brand
Would I Stay again in a Sandals Resort Only if the price is right
Did I Enjoy Barbados Never saw enough of it that week to form an opinion didn't want to miss any goings on at Sandals
All Inclusive Not really my cup of tea(though my wife thought it was GREAT)I Found it a little restrictive for exploring.
Caribbean We Cruised the following week saw many charming beautiful islands glad we went but there are still a great many places to visit in this world and time for us is receding so onwards and downwards as the saying goes

Stayed: February 2018
7  Thank msroe
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

New 5 Star resort and doing a great job at earning those stars! Pleased with food and activities and design and ambience of the resort. Butlers Sharlene, Sasha and Shamelle Were fantastic and aimed to please! Small things like our pool swim-out light being out were minor compared to the staff and luxury appearance of this resort. Our 6th sandals stay and still happy!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Ali R
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Loved this resort. Butlers were wonderful. Thanks Bryan, Shakers, and Rasheid. You guys are awesome helped us make great memories. I can’t leave out the equally exceptional care from Antonio our driver. All you guys ROCK!!
Best,