Terraces Apartments(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$64
Time Out Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$113
Rostrevor Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$147
Ocean 15 Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$132
Yellow Bird Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$123
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

Meridian Inn(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$50
Salt Ash Apartments(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$44
Ocean Two Resort & Residences(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$190
Cancelon
St. Lawrence Beach Condominiums(St. Lawrence Gap)
TripAdvisor
1,103 results
All reviewssteel bandcrazy golfthe gapdover beachsuper saver roomsunday lunchtimerum punch partyhappy daysa garden view roomshuffle boardbeautiful beachbeach hotelbaby turtlesthis lovely hotelbody boardsboogie boardsbars and restaurants
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

This is a run down seen better days place - lots of sighs of age and lack of maintenance- at the entrance there is a fountain with the walls covered in mould - this first impression continues throughout the whole hotel . It's a great location but also has a bad attitude to service to the guests - avoid

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Sad to see our vacation at this lovely hotel come to an end and look forward to our return as soon as we can. As usual everything was perfect. The staff, which are really the greatest asset here are so friendly, kind, helpful and welcoming.

The rooms are clean and well appointed and well maintained and if anything is not right the staff are always quick to respond and make it right and as a repeat customer, it seems the staff know what our needs are better than us when it comes to room selection.

The meals are well priced and always fresh and delicious and OMG, you will not still be hungry after a finishing a meal here. No room for dessert! Food is always made to order and if there is something you feel like having that isn't necessarily on the menu, if you give the Chef some advance notice he will do his very best to make it for you (within reason) and we have come to the realization that the Southern Palms is the best place to eat as I was disappointed with almost every evening meal we chose to eat outside the hotel.

The property, grounds and pools are always spic and span and the outdoor and maintenance staff are always sweeping, cleaning, painting, trimming, repairing and attending to whatever needs to be done.

The entertainment is always consistently good and those are the nights we especially look forward to.

The weather was perfect (don't believe The Weather Network) with the exception of one day so it was a great opportunity to go shopping in Bridgetown or one of the malls.

Wifi was a bit wonky at times in the room but overall improved since upgrade.

Only negative thing I can comment on which is not the hotel's responsibility was that we noticed the sand on Dover Beach needing some cleaning or sifting as there were a lot of tree droppings around the palms. A little uncomfortable on the feet.

Can't say enough good things about the Southern Palms Beach Club and Resort Hotel. This hotel is so alluring with it's old world charm and beautiful architecture that has been lovingly kept up. Just another one of the reasons we return again and again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandsurfsunandsea
Reviewed 29 August 2017

We've just returned after a 9 night stay at SP. As requested, we were allocated a ground floor room (106) which was a few steps from the quiet pool and then another few steps to the awesome Dover Beach. We stayed on a room only basis, but did eat at the hotel on a few occasions, mainly breakfast which was just as good as anywhere else locally.

Staff were brilliant, special thanks to Michelle, Chad, Shirley and Marcia for looking after us at meal times so well.

Our room had a flat screen tv, private bath with overhead shower, two queen size beds, and a terrace leading to the pool and beach. It was more than adequate for our stay.

The hotel and the grounds are well looked after and work was being done around the place to keep up maintenance.

Overall, I can't think of a better place to stay and we will most definitely be back as soon as we can!!

Thank you Britta and all the staff.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Wolf52
Reviewed 28 August 2017

My family and I spent 9 lovely nights at Southern Palms. I had a fantastic ground floor room with a sea view. I was in room 129 which opened onto a courtyard then onto the beach. The room included two queen sized beds, flat sceen TV, dining table with 4 chairs, walk in closet, separate bathroom and kitchenette. The room was spacious accommodating myself and two daughters. I experience two power failures: you can't use the toaster and kettle at the same time without blowing the fuse. The hair dryer also blew the fuses!!! On the first occasion the staff were slow to respond. Located on Dover Beach you couldn't ask for better; a beautiful sandy beach. We were fortunate enough to be visiting during the turtle egg-laying and hatching season. We witnessed two turtles come onto the beach during the night to lay eggs and saw many hatchlings. The hotel seemed to have a hotline to the conservation centre who come along to rescue the hatchlings and take note of new nests to protect the turtles.

Catering to the English and what they think English people do, the hotel provides a daily 'afternoon tea' at 4pm which I missed every day! The Monday night Manager's rum punch party was the dullest soiree I have ever attended although the run punch was delicious, but how could you go wrong with that??

The restaurant menu is very limited and is the same every day, all day. It's ok for a light lunch if you are staying on site for the day. The entertainment could be improved. By all accounts the best night was Saturday, unfortunately I missed the band as I went to Limegrove (worth a visit too, folks).

The hospitality of the staff could be improved. The housekeepers were the nicest. The Front desk staff were not the most customer focused I have experience, except for one houseman (they referred to him as a bus boy as term I detest for a grown man). I wish I got his name, he was very helpful, he rang around to find out where I could get tickets for Grand Kadooment at short notice, he even advised on the best parking spot in Town for collecting the tickets from the vendor.

I could have stayed at Southern Palms for an additional 5 nights after my friends returned to London, but when I enquired about staying the Front desk staff did not make any effort. First I had to wait for the Reservations Manager to arrive at work, then I was quoted a price in US dollars, when I asked for a conversion to sterling that seemed too much of an effort as did when I asked for a pen to write everything down. I was told I could stay but "you gotta move". As I would have to move rooms, I choose to move hotels....

For me the customer service or lack thereof let this lovely hotel down...not sure I will return.

Stayed: August 2017
3  Thank Yvette B
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed with my parents and sister for 2 weeks here, the room we stayed in was enough room for all of us and we thought it was clean and comfortable to stay in. All the staff were incredibly friendly and nothing we asked for was a bother to them. During our stay we saw baby turtles and rescued them three times which was an unforgettable experience. The food great quality, especially the breakfasts. We stayed nearer the smaller pool so used it more than the other but they were both regularly cleaned which made it lovely to swim in. Overall really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family