“Amazing Food with an Amazing View”
Review of Primo Bar & Bistro

Primo Bar & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Primo Bar & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Description: Formerly Pisces Restaurant, the newly renovated Primo Bar & Bistro is making waves on the Barbadian scene. Under the patronage of Executive Chef Larry Rogers, the open-plan restaurant and lounge located just off the boardwalk is an ideal spot for more casual dining or just a quick bite and drinks. The varied eclectic menu with a subtle West Indian influence includes an extensive variety of fresh seafood, meat and pasta dishes. Eat, drink and relax in a unique ocean chic setting overlooking the picturesque bay in St. Lawrence Gap.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Everything we all ate was excellent. I had the Jerk Pork which is one of the best meals I have ever had! Ribs and Scallops were all excellent. The coconut shrimp is great too. Service was great and the view was outstanding!

Charlene W, Guest Relations Manager at Primo Bar & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for the review Maria F, we hope to serve you again soon.

Cheers!

Primo Bar & Bistro

Write a ReviewReviews (1,065)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Primo is a premium restaurant in a top location, with attentive staff and quality food,- and for that you pay ££££ for the privilege.We know that, we have been several times before, and enjoyed a special night out.

This time however, the staff were I assume, fed up, and it showed. No eye contact on reception, no offer of a drink in the bar, just whisked straight to the table. The table and the wine were perfect, no fault there. The wine waiter was charming, however the front of house man was totally disinterested in anything, other than getting us in, the out.
He asked how our food was as he walked passed (no chance of us replying!) and I hadn`t even picked up my fork if he`d looked. Then my plate was whisked away whilst I was still chewing...very rude.
I had gone to Primo really looking forward to the Jambalaya, as I`ve had it twice before and really enjoyed it. This time my husband decided to have the same as he`d tried mine before. It was horrid!! totally vinderloo inedible (despite pulling the chillies out) We simply couldnt eat anything but the prawns out of it.
So...........BDS389 lighter we had been less that 1 hour, had 2 glasses of house wine each and a starter. Very disappointing. The only reason I`ve given it 2 stars is because of the beautiful location - it`s hard to get that wrong!

1  Thank ourweekendaway

Good day,

Let me first apologize for the unsatisfactory experience you had at dinner. Primo Bar & Bistro is known for it's great food and wonderful service as previously experienced however it seems we dropped the ball and we are sorry. I can assure you we are continuously seeking to improve going forward to ensure consistent service.

Regards

Primo Bar & Bistro.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We came here as we wanted to have a nice meal to celebrate 18 years together & it was a really great choice, the place is lovely & the food was amazing, I had the Jambalaya & it was delicious, very spicy as the waiter did warn but I loved it, if you like heat/spice i highly recommend this dish, my husband had the lamb which was also delicious, great place great staff - very friendly, would definitely go again and cannot recommend this place enough.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wow! The venue is stunning! The food matches the venue! I had Jambalaya which I was warned would be spicy and they weren’t wrong! We sat ocean side with the most beautifully view. A very special evening!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Bay-side table on the upper level on a balmy evening commenced with a couple of the best "Dark and Stormy" cocktails on the island. The kick of the home-made ginger cordial with the rum was exceptional and the bar-keep smiled and refused to give me the recipe..I don't blame him! Both dishes were beautifully cooked and presented, the main course fish being juicy and on the point with the vegetables al dente as they should be. The description of desert as simply lemon tart undersold it. It should have been lemon tart brule with caramelised lemons and it was simply outstanding. Service was efficient, knowledgeable and unobtrusive. Just what we liked.