Picard Beach Cottages
US$75
US$107
Secret Bay(Portsmouth)
Manicou River(Portsmouth)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Calibishie Lodges(Calibishie)
Calibishie Cove(Calibishie)
TripAdvisor
Sunrise Farm Cottages(Castle Bruce)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront porchmorning swimcaribbean seadominicawavespropertybeautytreeshillchamps
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

The cottage (garden) was clean and includes coffee maker, little stove, fridge, two small and rather dark rooms and quite nice bathroom. It's bit worn out but I don't really mind that, the place is just so over priced. It seemed that with same money we got so much more character, beauty and even luxurious experiences that I simply cannot give better rating.
Good things: the sound of waves, well working wifi, cooking possibilities if you need them

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

What a view waking up in de morning open the cottage doors and boom! Screen saver shots! We had a great time staying there. The freedom of having your own small house on the beach. Great! I would recommend this to anyone!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2016

This time last week we were sadly leaving Picard Beach Cottages after a fantastic 10 day stay there. We stayed in a beach front cottage which was perfect for us. I was always the first one up each morning and loved sitting on the terrace drinking coffee (fresh coffee provided by PBC), quietly reading my book and watching the waves gently lap on the shore.

The cottages are kept spotlessly clean each day by the lovely housekeeping ladies. I never thought I'd say this but I loved the smell of the floor cleaner, it was made with bay oil fragrance, so the ladies told me. It was a treat to come home every day and find that the cottage had been tidied and I really appreciated that the breakfast plates and coffee mugs had been washed up for me.
On the whole, the little kitchen area was well equipped - a toaster might be a nice extra, we had everything that we needed but only cooked a couple of times anyway! The only thing that I did really miss was not being able to BBQ or grill outside, especially when driving past the fish market in Portsmouth - I was desperate to grill some of the local fish, but I'm sure there are lots of really good and valid reasons why outdoor grilling isn't feasible. The fridge was a really good size - we even managed to squeeze a bag of ice in the freezer compartment. Having a cold beer on the terrace while watching the sun set was an absolute must!

The bedroom stayed cool with the a/c and the bed and pillows were comfy. My son also slept well on the day bed in the living room which is, in effect, a proper single bed. We didn't spend much time inside the cottage and we completely forgot that the TV was there!

The beach is lovely, so natural and although on the odd occasion, the medical students at Ross University left their beer bottles for the staff of Le Flambeau restaurant next door to clear up, this did not deter from our enjoyment of the beach and the sea. The cottages are a great place to people watch, as families stroll along the coast.

And now for the Picard Beach team....they are wonderful. So helpful and really friendly from my initial booking enquiry all the way through to our check out. My son's bag did not make it from London to Dominica until 4 days after our arrival and the team did a great job of keeping in contact with Douglas Charles airport for us. I really felt that they could not do enough for us. Every one of them is an absolute credit to Picard Beach Cottages and I'm sure that my first visit won't be my last.

Dominica itself is one of the loveliest places that I have ever been and I love the fact that Dominican's are so proud of their island. This is what makes Dominica such a special place.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Caroline E
Reviewed 4 June 2016

Advantages:
- Location (on the beach)
- Private veranda
- Kind staff

Disadvantages:
- Poor maintenance of the room (e.g. broken taps, corroded stove, corroded door and window locks)
- Shabby and cheap-looking interior
- Dark atmosphere in the room
- Small bedroom
- Airconditioning with insufficient capacity
- Poor room service (our child was always 'forgotten' with towels, sheets, etc.)

Room Tip: Though even more expensive, you should chose a Beach Front Cottage, since the beach view cottages don't have a direct beach view!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

My cottage opened up to a million dollar view of the Caribbean and each night I drifted off to sleep to the sound of gentle crashing waves. the rooms are rustic but not rough - hot water shower, fridge, comfortable bed, and a wonderful and large front porch. The staff here was so friendly and happy to help in any way. There is little reef just to the right of the pier that is great for a bit of snorkeling - not amazing but worth the dip. The front desk will lend you snorkel gear.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business