See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 April 2017

Enjoyed a friendly atmosphere after a late arrival in urgent need of overnight accommodation but wasn't at all impressed with the small, nondescript room, even after a discount from the original £65 asking price.Had to get a staff member to get the telly to work on the evening and next morning it wouldn't again! Definitely no fluffy extras in this place despite the en suite shower/loo. However, the breakfast was certainly plentiful in the bacon & beans dept and served with cheer. There were a range of pub games going on - in an earlier incarnation I'd have enjoyed the well placed dart board - and it was definitely a lovely central spot from which to explore Chard itself, with ample parking on site.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Really really good. Have had a breakfast, a jacket spud and a curry here so far and all really lovely. Generous servings of good quality ingredients for a low price.

Staff funny and friendly. Bathroom always clean.

Only thing I'd say needs sorting out is the carpet. It's so dirty/sticky that when I went to pull my chair out to sit down it was sticking to the carpet! Think this puts a lot of people off.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

Came here with the other half for a phoenix who are well known for the breakfast they serve! Came on a Saturday morning afterwork and it was buy one get one free which was fantastic. Breakfast was perfect and for the price was small compared to the plate size. Will come here again for sure. No complaints!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
littlechef99, Owner at Phoenix Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2017

Thanks hope to see you again some time

Reviewed 31 October 2016

One Saturday night, some years ago now, I locked eyes with a beautiful redhead on their dance floor, so I will continue to visit that place until I see her again.

Their breakfasts are really good value for money too.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank thewBarnes
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Me n my family went here for breakfast as we missed out at home as we were running late, I was amazed by the price and quality of what I received on my plate, It was amazing. I would Highly recommended their belly buster I could hardly move afterwards!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo