See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 July 2017

I understand this was a very cheap family run hotel but I was still very disappointed. They were absolutely lovely when it came to making the booking and very helpful with how last minute the booking was. The breakfast and service was good but after reading previous reviews I was thoroughly disappointed with how dirty the rooms were. There was literally hairs in the bed. I slept on top of the duvet because of this. I'm glad it was only for one night.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Our boss booked this hotel for one night, not the best of place! Rooms are tired; it's all brown!!!!! The room didn't look well cleaned, the toilet was dirty, the room did smell a bit too. The TV was on the top of the wardrobe and mega tiny so as I forgot my binoculars I couldn't see it. But the bed was comfy enough and the beddings clean for me to have a good sleep.
Breakfast was ok but beware you might stick to the carpet
To be honest for the price you pay it's not a bad room not my kind of hotel

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Vanessa C
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Best breakfast in town defienatley recommend stopping here you'll not be disappointed, all cooked to your liking They also offer a 2-4-1 deal. Excellent service and friendly staff, nothing is ever too much trouble.......

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2017

Enjoyed a friendly atmosphere after a late arrival in urgent need of overnight accommodation but wasn't at all impressed with the small, nondescript room, even after a discount from the original £65 asking price.Had to get a staff member to get the telly to work on the evening and next morning it wouldn't again! Definitely no fluffy extras in this place despite the en suite shower/loo. However, the breakfast was certainly plentiful in the bacon & beans dept and served with cheer. There were a range of pub games going on - in an earlier incarnation I'd have enjoyed the well placed dart board - and it was definitely a lovely central spot from which to explore Chard itself, with ample parking on site.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Really really good. Have had a breakfast, a jacket spud and a curry here so far and all really lovely. Generous servings of good quality ingredients for a low price.

Staff funny and friendly. Bathroom always clean.

Only thing I'd say needs sorting out is the carpet. It's so dirty/sticky that when I went to pull my chair out to sit down it was sticking to the carpet! Think this puts a lot of people off.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple