“Great tour, well worth a visit”

Church of Mary Magdalene
More attraction details
Owner description: Gorgeous and Historic Saxon/Norman/Medieval church open for guided historical tours. Tour will include links to the nearby Eleanor cross, the finest in England, pagan past, Saxon/Norman architecture and sculpture, the ancient hunting lodge and the many Kings and Queens who worshiped there.The tour is free. Resting in pre-Roman village containing three pubs, tea room and shop, picnic grounds by medieval bridge, grade one listed buildings and thatched cottages. All within minutes walk of church.
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Stopped off in Geddington when we had a few days in the area. As we were looking at the plague in front of the church we were greeted by a Canadian gentleman who was opening up the church and took time out to show us round the church and explained the history of the church (and also some English history) - it was out of the blue but fabulous. If you are history buff try and catch up with him - its well worth a visit

5  Thank Ray C

Reviewed 13 August 2011

I just did what I never thought I would. Got married. My wife is from Geddington. We returned to get married her in a church that has over 1000 years of history. Amazing! I suggest that those that appreciate history to come and experience history. Thank you all for an amazing day that will stand in my memory the rest of my life!

1  Thank CaptainQuickie