Scandic Karasjok
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbreakfast buffetsami museumnice roomeconomy roomlocal culturethe hotel offershot foodthemed hotelin additionopen fireone nightbedsguestsparkcurtainssaunaenvironment
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I saw that they have different types of rooms. I was in my trip to Norkapp, only me and my bike, so I wanted something clean and comfy, nothing fancy.
The room where I have stayed is one located in the guesthouse (not in the main building), with the bath and toilet outside the room, on the hallway.
Clean room, small bed (very small couch).
For that cost, the room is OK.
The restaurant beside the hotel is really good.

Room Tip: Be careful when you chose the room: you can stay in the main building (hotel) or in the guesthouse (motel)
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2017

We stayed in the hotel as an overnight stay during a turnkey round trip. When I look at the prince and compare with what you receive for the money, then I only can write: excellent price quality relation. Luxury rooms with everything you need, even more.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2017

The rooms are pleasent, clean and with very good beds. The bathroom looks qoite new, good condition. Silent during night time.. The hotel has an indoor restaurant, but are connected to an underground restaurant build after Samii ideas, called GAMMEN. The guest are placed cirkeled around an open fire.

Room Tip: The hotel is partet in two buildings, one old (economy) and the newer one (mid range to luxury.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2017

The economy room was good value, and the included breafkast buffet was truly excellent. I especially enjoyed the array of fresh vegetables (peapods! radishes! awesome).

The economy rooms are located in a separate guesthouse building, which was under renovation. I hope the services are signposted better, when the renovation is finished. Where are we allowed to park? Which entrance do we use? Where do we find the rooms?!? I'll admit that we had trouble finding our way.

The room itself was very nicely renovated, but room cleaning hadn't been very thorough. We found a pubic hair on the floor, and dead mosquitos on the wall and window. Yuck.

The toilets and showers were shared, but they weren't far from the rooms and there were many available.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Hotelroom was clean, average. Staff was polite and friendly. We would have preferred a normal private dinner at the table but it was not available. Only choice was a communal dinner with other guests in a smoke infested environment of the restaurant Gammen. Smoke is nice when camping in the wilderness but not as the only choice when dining out. Especially when a person have severe lung issues.

Stayed: July 2017
John Arne M, General Manager at Scandic Karasjok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Thank you for your review.
First of all I am not glad over your experienc over our beatiful restaurant Storgammen, did you tell the staff that you had some health issues? We do have alternative space for guests with health issues like this. Again I am very sorry that you where'nt offer other possibilities.

We have good staff that takes care of the hotel - they are doing a great job.

welcome back to Karasjok.

best regards