“Comfortable with a great view.”

Flamingo's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 81 Restaurants in Progreso
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Great food, a little bit pricey. Service is really good, and being in the center of the activity makes it convenient.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

We have been here 10 days and have been eating on the malecon so we can drink and not drive (we have a car).

Tonight we tried Flamingos and are very happy we did. It is a little pricier than other places, but the service was attentive and quick. The drinks are strong.

They didn't have my first choice (San Francisco-shrimp stuffed with crab), but I quickly made another choice-shrimp wrapped with bacon. My husband had the coconut shrimp. Both were very good. The margaritas were great!

The waiters speak passable English if you have no Spanish. We speak enough "restaurant Spanish" to get by. The restaurant is cute and the bathrooms are clean. The service was fast by American standards!

I've attached some photos of inside and the menu. Prices are in $pesos.

I would go back if we weren't leaving.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Great frozen drink, plenty of amenities such as various dips with chips, crackers and ceviche samples. Attentive staff.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

Second time here and still impressed. The service is prompt, friendly and full of life. Food is tremendous as are the pre-meal side dishes. Great atmosphere and view of the beachfront.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

We were here in December - not a very busy time, but the servers were extremely slow in even recognizing that we were there - even by Mexico standards. It took 17 minutes for anyone to come over and give us menus - we were just about to leave, as we couldn't get anyone's attention. That being said, I had the best shrimp/pasta dish - (It was their specialty shrimp - I believe it was called Shrimp Flamingo), but the rest of the family's meals were just okay.