“My Favourite holiday destination!”

Club Med La Plantation d'Albion
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Albion
Reviewed 4 October 2012

My husband and I got married there in 2009, when it just recently opened. We absolutely love this place. The accomodation is fantastic, the service is very good, the staff always friendly. There are so many sports to choose from, and then there's the spa - heaven! We've been there about 5 or 6 times already and are going back in December. There is a quiet Zen area if you would like to relax or you can go to the pool where something is happening all day, alternatively one can relax on the beach. Be prepared to gain some weight on this trip - the food is fantastic! It's an all inclusive holiday so once you're there, you throw your wallet away and spend a care-free holiday, the only place you pay is the spa and boutique and that you charge to your room anyway. No worries about carrying cash. Time and time again we have the best holiday there, that's why we keep going back!

Room Tip: Rooms vary from a club room, to deluxe, suites and villas too. I prefer to stay in the club room as...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,567)

Reviewed 29 September 2012

We just spent a fantastic week at Club Med in Albion. This was our second time. We're not usually Club Med people but with two young children Club Med just makes sense! There are so many great things...where do I begin...the food, the service, the sports, the beach, the entertainment, the kids club (amazing!)....However, the reason I didn't give it 5 stars (which I would have a year ago) was that
1) the music was very loud at night. We had a beach suite close to the reception and one night the disco was going on till 3 (in the morning...I couldn't sleep),
2) the service in the restaurant...it was well-meaning but very annoying...everytime we were eating one of the waiters would fuss over our table and take away half-empty plates (while I was still eating!) or re arrange the table settings...it was very irritating..I think they just didn't have enough to do but it really stopped us from fully enjoying our meals.
3) the drinks....this is an all-inclusive resort. You expect great cocktails and good wine. The house wine is simply awful, the cocktails were watered down (I could not taste or feel any alcohol and I am not a big drinker), even the beer tasted flat.

So those three things bothered me but not enough to spoil the holiday. It's worth splashing out for a beach suite, or at least a beach facing club room, as the garden facing club rooms are very dark and very noisy if you are located near the reception. The staff is great and accomodating (although some of the GOs can be a bit thick but most are really nice). All in all, good fun holiday!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I was at Club Med Albion with a group of colleagues on a work incentive trip, so knew very little about the resort before arriving. It completely exceeded my expectations. The GOs are great - friendly and good fun. The resort itself is beautiful, with plenty to do if you want activities, but also amazing pools and quiet beaches if you just want to relax and lie in the sun. The food is also great with the choice of either a buffet restaurant (fantastic selection and quality) or a la carte - which I preferred cos I always seem to over eat at a buffet! But book early for the a la carte - it's popular and fills up quickly. I had a suite room right on the beach - a few steps from the ocean - which I would definitely book again - but others in other rooms enjoyed it too. I enjoyed the resort so much, I only went on one outing (to Ille de Cerf ) and I'd highly recommend that too - a great day on a Caramaran with good snorkeling, beautiful scenery, a fish barbecue on the boat and as lots of local rum and juice (nicknamed brain damage in Mauritius) The resort has a show every night (not broadway - but always a good laugh and we thoroughly enjoyed them) followed by a great party - always fuelled by energetic GOs and crazy dancing. I had the best week and will be back !

If I have to find something that could be improved, it's that the house wine is not great (pretty awful actually) but they have a good selection of other wines that you can pay for (which we did) but found these to be quite expensive (but necessary to compliment the great food). The rest of the complimentary bar service is fine though, and the wine crit is really minor - the cocktails especially are great. I came home with a nice tab, but with a few extra kilos on my waist from all the good food and drinks! Well done to Aziz (the resort manager) and team!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We've been to numerous Club Meds and for us Albion was a bit of a mixed bag. Beautiful rooms, spa, Zen pool etc but we couldn't quite put our finger on what didn't make it a fab holiday. Albion is one of the new 5 Trident clubs, perhaps that's it. To us it seemed neither one thing or the other. Service and staff lovely and professional, especially in the restaurant but food by club med standards was disappointing. Sailing was tricky unless you're really proficient as rocks need to be negotiated. Chef de Voile pretty unfriendly. The Land sports team - golf, tennis, trapeze etc were great. Not much club med vibe, maybe not enough people. At the end of the day we decided it was a really long way to go (12hr flight) for an expensive holiday we felt was so-so. Now Club Med Kani in the Maldives on the other hand.... still a long flight but wow, that was a gorgeous holiday.

Room Tip: A beach club room - right on the beach and very spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I just spent 2 weeks at La Plantation d'Albion and this club is fantastic! From the beginning 'til the end, it has been perfect!
Everybody is smiling, nice, helpful and I really talk about the full staff! 4 major areas: the zen (pool + restaurant), the SPA, the main area (pool + bar + restaurant) and the beach.
You are welcome as if you were special each time.
The zen area is where kids are not admitted so that you can spend a quiet time. The restaurant is a la carte and the food is prepared as if you were at home. The staff really takes care of you (Arshvind, Vanessa, Pierre, THANK YOU!!!) and the view you have there, whether it is for breakfast or lunch is just superb. It's over the sea and the colors makes you think you are in paradise (and it is paradise actually!) For dinner, you have to reserve as the places are limited. No need to say that anytime is a good time to go there!
The pool is over the sea as well... The mattresses are good and you are always looked after (drinks, towels...) Little tiny point: the water is a bit cold (at least for me)
The SPA: I decided to have a massage on my first day to relax me after the trip and I took a shiatsu massage. My cabin was over the sea and you could here the waves... Magic! Kumud, the person who did the massage has magic hands... When I got out of the massage, it was the 2nd level of paradise... Then, Priah did a facial massage and treatment. She also has magic in her hands, I almost fell asleep! The touch was smooth but ferm, the smells were faboulous and she has been very helpful in explaining what she was doing... You end up having a drink in a relax bed over the sea again... Magic!
The main area: you have the reception, the boutique, the main bar, the theater and the pool...
The staff at the reception desk are again fantastic: when I arrived, I was welcome by Cathy, caring, nice, helpful and explaining you everything about the club. I met her several times during my stay and she has always been perfect!
In the boutique, you can find almost everything you need! The have clothes, shoes, food, jewelry, cigarettes... They help you find whatever you need, especially for the themes that you have each night at the club (white, elegant, pink & white, Club...) Special thanks to Larissa, Didier and the team!
For those who want real jewelery, there is a small boutique in front of the boutique. Go there! The person in charge is really nice, helpful and explains everything about diamonds! I could not afford it but just having a look and discussing with him was a very good experience!
Go to the excursion place: Béatrice, Yves and Yannick will explain you everything and you will want to take a tour! Unfortunately for me, there was not enough people to do the Blue Bay excursion but for sure, I will return and do it!
Then you have the main bar: anytime you can have drinks. There are also looking after you very well! At all time, whathever you want, you'll have it! Ask for cocktails, they are good! Deena & Hasan are the best to prepare you a cocktail that you will not forget! All the bar members are here to make your stay unforgettable: MANY THANKS guys!!!!
The pool is excellent! You have also the beds there... OMG... What a pleasure...
At the theater, you will have all the shows at night! They are well prepared, the costumes are beautiful, the scene looks different each night, the lights & sound is really good! You cannot dislike it! They are good and they enjoy what they are doing! Go Fati! Go Fati! Aurélie, Gael, Emilie, Dany, thanks for making these shows unforgettable!
You head then to the main restaurant... It is big, over the sea or inside if you prefer (even if inside is just a word to say that you have a roof over you head but no walls to really be inside...) The food is excellent and you have a wide variety of cuisines: japanese, chinese, maurician, french, italian, international.... You will want to try everything! Don't be on a diet! This is a great level of cuisine.... Really! Thanks to the chefs and the whole staff! You are doing a great job!
You go then to the main beach... There, you can say after all you have seen before from the club that IT IS paradise... Just look at the view... The lagoon, the colors... You even have small fishes that are coming to you and stay around you! This is just beautiful... At the end of the beach, you have the water sports... The whole team is fantastic and helpful! Andy, Alexandre, Rozann, thanks to all of you! You can snorkel, kayak, sail... They have everything you want and they'll explain everything to you! Have a look there!
For the other sports, they are all perfect! I am not really someone who is exercising... I was able to play golf and to do some trapeze at the circus!!! They explain very well the how to and teach you with attention... If you are afraid (as I was with the trapeze), they'll take the time and tell you the right words so that you can go over your fears and do it! This is a real team of professionals...
Thank you Adrien for the golf lesson and real thanks to Matt Matt, Emily and Guillaume for having the patience with me and make me do the trapeze! That was not an easy stuff!!!! You are the best!
I did not do any other sports but met the GOs and some GMs that played tennis or fitness... It is the same, the teams are fantastic! Medhi, Jonathan, Margot, I will try next time!
Now, for the rooms, they are big and you have a private balcony. I was in a club room but I have also seen the suites as one of my friend was there... This is beautiful and very well decorated! The room is clean, they are coming 2 times a day to clean and to prepare you bed... They also are decorating with animals made with towels... Nathalie, thanks a lot!!!!
As the clud is quite extended over the sea, you have buggies that drive you to your room... Every 15 minutes, 24/7... Amar, thanks for your happiness, your kindness and your smile!
I don't know what to add... It is a 5 tridents, it is paradise, the service is there, it is just perfect... You really cannot get bored, except if you don't want to be part of this, or if you are really special!
Congrats to the whole team (I have not names all but you are really in my heart!) and thank you for making my stay unforgettable!

Room Tip: If you want to be really in a quiet place, ask to be close to the zen area, otherwise, all rooms are...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank LilaCBV
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albion
9.9 km away
40.1 km away
LUX* Belle Mare
LUX* Belle Mare
#1 of 12 in Belle Mare

Been to Club Med La Plantation d'Albion? Share your experiences!