“I bought a beautiful Tahitian pearl for myself”
Review of Sibani Perles

Sibani Perles
Ranked #1 of 11 Shopping in Vaitape
More attraction details
Owner description: Didier Sibani began his interest in Tahitian Black Pearls working alongside Coco Chaze on the atoll of Manihi in the Tuamotu Archipelago. In 1973, Sibani established himself as one of the pioneers of the Tahitian Pearl Industry. By 2001, the SIBANI Pearls group has grown to 69 boutiques around the world. At the heart of the Polynesian South Pacific, lies our flagship retail store in Vaitape, Bora Bora. We create a local and comfortable atmosphere through our bamboo decor and friendly professional staff, whom are well educated in the history and value of the Tahitian Black Pearls. We pride ourselves in educating our clientele about every bit of the production process concerning the cultured pearl. Our selection includes an overwhelming variety of pearls in all shapes, sizes and grades. Matched with pendants, earrings, and necklaces of silver or gold, we assist our clients to find their unique pearls, to highlight their unique persona. Open from 9am to 6pm Monday through Saturday. Closed Sundays.
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I came several years ago and was not in the mood of buying anything but this time I bought a pearl . It was gorgeous . Great quality. It will look good with my flight attendant uniform . I recommend this store , a lot of choice and friendly sellers .

Didier S, Propriétaire at Sibani Perles, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

We are very touched by your positive comments on our jewelry you have left on TripAdvisor. The positive feedback of our customers is in fact one of our main source of motivation and I will not fail to share with our entire team.
At Sibani Pearls our customer is our king. Our role is to give her 100% happiness and that for many, many years. We know the pearls with passion and love and we must to explain to our guests why this gem is perfect for a cocktail party or a perfect beauty hang the work.

All reviews
"paper work"
in 4 reviews
"beautiful necklace"

Reviewed 24 March 2018

While in Moorea and Bora Bora, we visited several pearl retailers. We found the staff at Sibani's to be extremely friendly and willing to educate us on the various qualities of the Tahitian pearls. After that experience, we decided that this would be the only place we would make our purchases. No regrets!!

Dear Guest
thank you very much for your kind review and your positive comments about SIBANI Pearls and our team members. As we put a lot of effort in training to ensuring warm and personalized service towards our guests, it is a great joy for us to see that Yuriko and her team effort was so much appreciated. Rest ensured, that it will find as well its internal recognition. Regarding our Jewelry collections, which are especially created / designed by us, they are also available for sale on our various websites. Just in case you consider a new one for yourself one day. Thank you and we look forward to welcome you soon again or just send us an email and we will answer you by return.
Best regards
Didier

Reviewed 24 March 2018

The sales representatives provided exceptional customer service. They were knowledgeable, professional and friendly. The staff went above and beyond to ensure that a special purchase was a memorable experience. And it was! The staff exhibited patience and a commitment to making our purchase experience unforgettable. We are more than happy with our purchase of beautiful Tahitian pearls. The store offers a wonderful variety of jewelry and the display is beautiful.

1  Thank seinfan55

Dear Guest,
Thanks for your kinds words and the time you took to share them with us. It is great to hear, that you have enjoyed your visit in our jewelry. Rest ensured, that we will take you comments for further encouragement within the team to ensure personal service and warm welcome for your next visit.
All the best and see you soon!
Warm regards
Didier Angelino Sibani
Owner and Manager

Reviewed 17 February 2018

I am going to French Polynesia for the very first time in February 2019 for a cruise holiday and I have decided to buy myself a single loose Tahitian pearl to be set on a leather strand (a popular men's style necklace) and I began doing some research on Tahitian pearls in order to get a good bargain without compromising on the quality of the pearl. When it comes to buying Tahitian pearls, the quality of the pearl is extremely important, but I also do not wish to get ripped off by pearl dealers who inflate their prices.

I started enquiring about the prices of loose Tahitian pearls from a number of pearl retailers in Papeete, Moorea and Bora Bora based on the 5 common properties that every pearl dealer talks about: size, shape, surface quality, colour and lustre(shine). From my conversations with all these pearl dealers via email, the one who impressed me most was Mr. Didier Sibani, the proprietor of this Sibani Perles. From him, I received a detailed and captivating education on Tahitian pearls, from his involvement in the founding of the Tahitian cultured pearl industry over 50 years ago to the latest information regarding the current situation of modern-day pearl farming techniques and the pearl retailing business in French Polynesia. From Mr. Sibani, I learned that there are many Tahitian pearls on the market that have been chemically treated to produce beautiful and attractive colours. The problem with these unnatural-coloured pearls is; their colour fades or changes over time. And those pearls with unnatural colours are sold at very high prices because those dealers will say that those colours are very rare! I also discovered that today, most Tahitian pearl producers follow a period of 18 to 24 months to grow their pearls in their farms. Mr. Sibani, however, follows a production period of 48 to 60 months for his pearls in order to allow the oysters to build a thicker layer of nacre over the grafted nucleus. The layer of nacre of a pearl determines the overall inherrent quality of the pearl. This basically means: the thicker the layer of the nacre is, the better the quality of the pearl.

I am so glad that I wrote to Mr. Sibani, he has taught me so much about the quality and natural colours of Tahitian pearls. I certainly do not want to buy pearls with unnatural colours and I want my pearl to remain beautiful for a lifetime, not just for a few years! Investing in a Tahitian pearl is a huge privilege for those of us who have the good fortune of having the opportunity to visit French Polynesia. If you are an overseas visitor coming to French Polynesia for a holiday and you intend to buy Tahitian pearls as a souvenir for yourself or your loved ones, please do some research on Tahitian pearls and don't get ripped off. Write to pearl dealers like Mr. Sibani to get more information about Tahitian pearls before you arrive in French Polynesia so that you can make a better decision for your purchase.

Dear Guest Ia orana,

Thanks for your nice message on Trip Advisor. As you say your must to be confident with a jewelry seller.
When you buy a jewels in Bora Bora you pay for a beautiful treasure of beauty but also a marvelous souvenir of our life situation in this violent world. In fact you buy a dream and this dream must to continue a very long time. During generations and generations...
We are waiting for you next February.
Best regards
Didier Sibani

See more reviews
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Excellent service and quality of pearls. Most knowledgeable staff. Owner started the pearl farming industry in the islands. Staff spent a lot of time explaining and advising me

Didier S, Propriétaire at Sibani Perles, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

1) Dear Guest,
Thank for taking the time to share your experience about our jewelry store. People are busy and their efforts should be acknowledged.
Here’s an example, “I just logged onto my computer and saw your review.
It made my day! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences online.
It means a lot for me because I am one of the few pioneers who believe in the future of the Tahitian Pearls at the end of the 60’.
But also to our staff that you took the time to speak about them. It’s really important for them to read your nice comment.
They give the best to please and explain everything you need to know BEFORE you buy a pearl jewel, and never lie or play with the clients.
For us you are a guest not only a client. You become our reel boss, and for us ”respect” is important.
Also in each tourist place and with this kind of luxury products we really must to be vigilant. So many clients say that they come back because we say the true and our prices are the most corrects.
Thank again.