We rented an over water bungalow. It was a very unique experience. The whole trip was more expensive than other similar destinations but definately worth the extra price.
The locals are very friendly and helpful. They realize tourism is the source of foreign exchange for The Maldives and they do everything to make us feel welcome and enjoy this paradise on earth!
The views are stunning and spectacular. Lots of water activities available and non motorized activities are free. The motorized activities are charged a hefty fee and taxes.
Everything here is priced in USD and is subject to a ~23% tax (GST and service charges). So keep an extra cushion for expenses.
Food is varied and extremely good quality. Buffet breakfast/lunch/dinner at the feast restaurant. The Baan Thai restaurant (Thai, closed Tuesday's) and Sea Salt restaurant (seafood and steaks, closed Friday's) are a little upscale and both require advance reservations.
Couple of bars offer a variety of drinks and finger foods, but since I don't drink cannot offer any advice.
Sunset is amazing. View from the over water bungalow was unique. Suggest the sunset cruise and Male day trips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa is situated on it's own private island surrounded by tropical landscaping and turquoise lagoons. With 176 guest rooms reflecting the tropical destination featuring the Sheraton Signature Bed. Facing the sunrise with spectacular views of the Indian Ocean are 20 Ocean Villas offer large bathrooms, comfortable living spaces and luxurious outdoor living areas complete with infinity edge plunge pools.Sheraton Maldives is just a 20-minute boat ride from Velena International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Hotel North Male Atoll
- Full Moon Maldives
- Full Moon Hotel Maldives
- Full Moon Resort Maldives