“Which side is lee on ?”

Leeside Restaurant & Patio Bar
Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Tobermory
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Had an early breakfast here,not much of a water view,not overly busy,but was met by an over talkative loud server,my table had coffee rings on it,not clean,but food came out rather quickly but looked just like pre packaged restaurant food,small portions,not impressed for the price,but hey if ever up in the tub,check them out and you decide,cheers

4  Thank daniel f

Reviewed 6 October 2017

We came on a Saturday night and easily got a table when other restaurants in the town centre had waiting lines. I had the whitefish dinner which was fresh and delicious. The rice was a bit mushy for my taste but the fish was lightly battered and cooked perfectly. It was so good, we came back for breakfast. Breakfast did not disappoint either. The eggs were cooked just as I like them and service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Enjoyed several breakfasts here on our last visit to town. Good home cooked food. Enjoyed by locals and tourists.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Several days into our trip in Tobermory, we walked up to Leeside for a late lunch, expecting similar to the other various meals we had had around the bay. However, instead of feeling like another summer-specific tourist-focused venue, this place felt much more like a pleasant local diner. Good service and nice classic rock playing on the large patio. We both had the fish sandwich, which was good value with a generous serving of fish.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Hands down, the best breakfast in Tobermory- when taking into account value for price, comparison to other restaurants serving breakfast, and service. I have visited frequently for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and you'll find consistency in good food, that's for sure. I obviously have a meal preference, and that's just because I'm obsessed with good breakfast options.

PRO: big portions, reasonable prices, wide variety, obviously wheelchair accessible, a staff that is always trying their best (shoutout to the wonderful matriarch servers who run the place on wit, charm, and skill), decent takeout setup, always clean.

PRO: Hella decent diner coffee. This is a big one for me. I'm not expecting a gourmet coffee program, I just want something strong and black that doesn't taste like battery acid. Leeside's delivers in a big way, and with a whole pitcher of steaming hot bean water to greet you upon arrival.

PRO: You can tell I have my mind on breakfast, but since that ends at 11:30am, their variety of other foods is also worth recommending. It's hard to find a hearty, affordable salad in Little Tub Harbour, but you'll find it here.

CONS: Tobermory is always going to be busy in the summer, so unless you're there for the first ferry or it's the shoulder season, mentally prepare yourself for the place to be packed to the gills. Anything other than that is a blessing.

This is a place I enjoy visiting alone, with my partner, or with a small group. I definitely recommend it, whether you're hopping on an early ferry, want a hearty meal before a hike, or generally want to bask in that small town diner vibe~