Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 27/02/21
FindHotel
US$30
SAVE US$4
eDreams
Free cancellation until 27/02/21
Agoda.com
Trip.com
All reviews war cemetery spacious rooms nasi lemak taiping zoo maxwell hill bukit larut lake gardens great hotel walking distance pillars jog bathtub hornbills balcony nature greenery counter
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 March 2020 via mobile

This hotel has spacious rooms, close to foot of Maxwell Hill and walking distance to the Taiping Lake Gardens, which explains the greenery. A great hotel for those who love birding/nature. There's a big outdoor pool and free parking.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
HotelGrandBaron, General Manager at Hotel Grand Baron, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2020

Dear Valued Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us recently. Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor and for sharing lovely photos of our hotel.

Your generous comments will definitely encourage us to do better. Thank you for the appreciative comments about our hotel and its strategic location.

It would be a pleasure to have you visit us again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 2 December 2019 via mobile

Booked 2 nights at this decent hotel to attend a friend's wedding dinner on the same venue recently.
The room is spacious and clean, everything is working as it should. Walking distance to Taiping Lake and Zoo.
Breakfast was ok, nothing much except local food like nasi lemak, ayam masak merah and etc.
I will come back again next trip if I plan to have a short break because I can jog around the lake and going to town is like 10 minute's drive.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CassiusQL
HotelGrandBaron, General Manager at Hotel Grand Baron, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your valuable experience on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and happy to know that you will come in your next trip to Taiping.

Reviewed 20 November 2019

The staffs were very friendly. This is true from the moment we met the guards as we drove our car into the hotel through the entrance.They were very helpful in getting a proper parking lot for us because there was an event held in the hotel and there were many visitors.
The room was clean. They even provided the disposable slippers for room guests. We were not expecting it for the price we paid. Room size was quite large. Otherwise, the decorations and other amenities were basic, and well, good enough for comfortable stay.
Not many choices for breakfast, but again it is considered ok for its price.
Its location is definitely another big plus point. It is right at the Lake Garden area. We did not have time, but we had, certainly we would have taken a nice stroll around the lake and the garden. It is surrounded by beautiful nature!

Date of stay: November 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your valuable experience on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay overall. We always aim to provide the best hospitality service to all guests no matter how much the room may costs.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!

Reviewed 30 September 2019

a) First impression
I like the first time I saw the hotel very clean and quiet. At about 3 pm on Saturday, there was only one customer at the lobby area, 2 including myself. I booked an Executive Suit and stayed for 2 nights.

b) Service and Facilities
Out of 5, I would give 2.5 stars. The hotel is quite new but it doesn't seem to be like that. I believe it is something to do how the maintenance is done.

The response of the reception (front desk) is poor. At one time I called the reception 4 times without answers and it was only about 4.30 pm

c) Food / Breakfast
My family and I was really frustrated of the breakfast that was served. Even on the 2nd day 2 of my sons don't even want to take the breakfast and rather went to the nearby restaurant.

Breakfast has no much of choice but we don't mind if the food is OK. The quantity served doesn't reflect the number of people having the breakfast. They should ensure that the food is enough especially during the peak time 8.30 - 9.30 am.

They also served "steamy" dumplings, looks delicious and mouth-watering. But to my disappointment, it was still cold (frozen) inside. The dumplings were not fully cooked yet! I can see many who took the dumplings didn't finish the food - what a waste!

The only advantage that it has is the location, next to the Taiping lake garden. I love to take a stroll early in the morning and in the evening. Don't need to take the car out. If people ask me why I still come to this hotel, I would its because of the location, and nothing else

Date of stay: September 2019
HotelGrandBaron, General Manager at Hotel Grand Baron, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your detailed review with us. We deeply regret to learn you did not enjoy your recent stay with us and we sincerely apologise for the disappointment caused to you by our service and food quality.

Please be assured that the management takes note of your feedback regarding the service level and food quality with utmost importance. We have sent you a private message to gather more details, kindly respond to our message for us to conduct a thorough investigation. We will look into this issue and rest assured that appropriate actions will be taken. Again, please accept our sincerest apologies for the shortfall and we look forward to hearing from you.

We sincerely hope that once the issues are solved, you would reconsider giving us another opportunity to change this unfortunate impression you have of us and allow us to welcome you back. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 September 2019

Food Quality & Serving Quality is not acceptable
Towels & bed sheet were not clean
Very poor management
Very disappointed
Till 3pm my room was not clean
wifi connection was bad too
The food served were cold no banquet trained at all
being said all this i would like to compliment Zulia she had handle the situation diligently.

Room tip: food quality is bad!!! breakfast not hotel standard
Date of stay: September 2019
HotelGrandBaron, General Manager at Hotel Grand Baron, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We are truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at Hotel Grand Baron.

We appreciate your feedback and acknowledge that our service in general requires improvement. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the shortfall and rest assured that your feedback will be reviewed with the relevant team for improvement.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another stay.