“Poor service”

Restoran Mr BBQ
Ranked #29 of 86 Restaurants in Taiping
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

From the review of TripAdvisor on Mr BBQ restaurant, agree with the food is good but then the service is horrible. I know is dinner time and is busy, they really don't have the experience to cope up the crowds by following the food ordering. It is so frustrated because this lady captain (long hair) keep on take all the orders (roughly 3 tables menu) then only key in to the system at one time which means that my food is delay unnecessarily. Furthermore, if you are regular guest here, you have the priority to jump queue.
My orders only key in after half an hour time which I witnessed myself to clarified with this lady. As normal, definitely as a staff sure she say NO....irritating answer. Furthermore I sat on table no. 13 is a table for them to place all the collected dirty utensils item...what a disgusting.

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

We were there for dinner, had an enjoyable meal with good service and very helpful staff.
A total of 7 dishes were ordered and we were satisfied with all of them. Didn't have to wait too long and price is very reasonable too.
I noticed many local families were also enjoying their dinner.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

The restaurant is quite spacious and usually crowded. To avoid the crowd and also to find parking lots along the road, it is advisable to go there before 7.00 p.m. for dining. However, lunch time is not so crowded. Food not many choices. Price reasonable. Quite tasty. Frequent by locals. Seafood is rather expensive. To cut your bill, skip ordering fish and prawn.

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

I always get the chance to savour the delicious food at BBQ when I visit my hometown thrice a year. The last was in August 2016.

My brother will usually orders our favourite dishes among others the fish slice curry with bread, butter prawns, sambal belacan kangkong, signature tofu, roast duck, fried sotong, stir fried vegetables, claypot streaky pork n steam fish.

The restaurant is packed comes dinner time. To avoid the crowd try going for lunch at about noon. We have trouble finding park in front of the restaurant.

There is also a food court along the same side of this restaurant. Another one on the road perpendicular to this restaurant. With the beautiful Lake Gardens nearby that's the reason why most parking lots are taken.

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

Ordered belly pork, duck, fried squid, qinglong cai (veggies) & steamed stingray. Fish and veggies were the best. Definitely would come back.

1  Thank Chris T