“Clean and easy stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Streetview Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Muar
Streetview Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Muar
Singapore
“Clean and easy stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

Service at the front desk can be improved. My cousin had paid for a RM100 deposit when making the bookings. But upon our check-in, the front desk told us to pay the deposit again as she did not handle the RM100 deposit which was pre-paid?!?! Patience is required especially if you do not speak Malay like me. Luckily, we help the help of another relative who manage to persuade the frontdesk (in Malay, of course) to check with the manager. We finally manage to get to our rooms.
The location is perfect and you'll be able to find good Malaysia hawker food within walking distance. Room is not huge with basic and clean for a 1 night stay. No frills. Remember to bring along your toiletries as they only provide shower foam and soap. Value for money.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tarcee
streetviewhotel, Manager at Streetview Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Dear Tarcee,

First of all, we apologize for all the inconvenience caused. We will take note of your comment.
Thank for your valuable comments & hope you will come visit us again.

Regards,
The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Muar, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

I booked 6 rooms in Streetview Hotel on 12 Nov 2012. The room rates given during my booking period was RM88 per room, promotion price. The receptionist had confirmed my booking and requested me to place my deposit asap. However few days later(29 Oct), i was about to give my deposit and found out that the room rate will be increased to RM95 effectively start from 1st Nov. I approached the receptionist to confirm if the increase in room rate will remain despite my earlier booking, and surprisingly the answer to me is a NO. I have to pay additional room charges despite the booking was made before the new room rates announcement is made. I got very pissed off and tried to argue with their receptionist, and even with the manager but to no avail. For me, this is totally unfair and unacceptable as if they can increase the room rates any time they want whenever they see opportunity in the peak season, despite the fact that the bookings were made earlier based on the agreed room rates. I have cancelled the bookings not because that i have to pay additional charges, but I am totally unhappy with the way how they run their business. My principle is I rather pay more to book for other hotels in Muar with better credibility.

Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Weehau
streetviewhotel, Manager at Streetview Hotel, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
Dear Sir,

First of all, thank you for your comments & we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I believe there was a misunderstanding between internet bookings & call in/phone booking. Based on your comment, we had conducted an investigation with our room reservation staff.
According to our staff, your room booking was done via phone booking. As such, room rate would be RM 95. On the other hand, promotional room rate of RM 88 was only applicable for internet booking. All these rates are stated as well as the price revisions in our website during that period.

However, we appreciate for your comments and we hope this does not affect your future choice with us. The best promotional rates are always available via internet booking. Hope you will continue to support us.

If you have any query, please email me at jamesngbk@yahoo.com.

Thank you.

Regards,
James Ng

Travellers are raving about these Muar hotels

Klang Bah Kut Teh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

Used to stay at Riverview Hotel during my trip to Muar but this time, my colleagues booked Streetview Hotel which is under the same management. This hotel is in excellent condition and is very clean. Located at strategic Muar town area. Definitely will stay in this hotel in the future!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank calvin_alex
Sibu, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2010

stay for 1nite in deluxe room.very nice and cute room.affordable rate for budget trip.rm80/night pretty good rate.modern fully furnish. the facilities was new, basic incl drinking water, hot water, bathroom and toilet clean, individual control for aircond, LCD tv mounting on the wall, a few selection of Astro/s'pore tv channel, keycard security system, parking lot provided, breakfast not included but there's just walking distance foodcourt and coffee shop. definitely will stay here again but would like to try RIVERVIEW HOTEL & TOWNVIEW as well..

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank virgoQueen79
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2009

Streetview Hotel is the latest addition to the chain that also operates two other nearby hotels - Riverview and Townview, which are quite run down and location not as best. I am rather impressed with this newly (shop-houses) restored heritage hotel. While the room is rather small but quite complete with all things needed - clean room, clean bed, clean toliet and not forgetting good quality LCD TV mounted on wall rather than ceiling as many other small hotels do, making viewing almost impossible. For M$80 (promotion price) a night for a room with two single-bed, we cannot ask for more. For family of 5-6 (parents + kids), two rooms with access door between is almost perfect.

For those who drive, hotel provided free parking in its backyard. This helps as the streets in Muar are relatively narrow.

The hotel does not provide breakfast. That is perfect to me as the street it is situation,Jalan Ali, is popularly known as the food street, esp during evening. One can easily have a full meals with all popular Muar food within short walking distance.

It is also near shopping centres, Popular Book and the famous Yong Sheng bakery of traditional cookies and mooncakes.

For those who like to have a boat ride along Muar River, the jetty is only 500m away.

In short, it is a perfect place for a short/transit stay in Muar.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank PKWSingapore
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muar
Muar Traders Hotel
3.7 km away
Sabak Awor Resort
Sabak Awor Resort
#5 of 11 in Muar

Been to Streetview Hotel? Share your experiences!