“Best pig organ cuisines”
Review of Soon Lai Kway Chap

Soon Lai Kway Chap
Ranked #4 of 101 Restaurants in Batu Pahat
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Almost all edible part from pig can be found here, and they cook it perfectly!
must try in batu pahat

Date of visit: March 2020
Write a reviewReviews (47)

Reviewed 9 January 2021 via mobile

Another old establishment that I managed to visit while in Batu Pahat was the most famous kwai chap place in Batu Pahat. After finishing my meeting in JB, I drove up north back to BP and timed my journey to reach the town around noon time. My trusted Waze brought my directly to the restaurant.

Located on the same floor, they share the same building as Batu Pahat's Rubber Dealers Association. They don't allow indoor seating at that moment (I didn't ask, but most likely due to MCO) so I had to order on the spot where they took my order and then paid the bill before taking my seat along the corridor outside. Lucky for me.. it wasn't that hot & stuffy that day.

As I was Hans Solo that day... I couldn't order much:

◾Kwai chap - silky smooth square rice sheets doused with light and aromatic herbal soup. Love their little touch by topping with fried garlic which made it tasted better.
◾Braised meat - many type of meats available, even spare parts. I went for their pork belly, pork skin and braised egg. Don't forget to dip into the given chilly sauce. Quite good I'd say.
◾Fried spring roll - not the best but definitely above average.
◾Salted vegetable

Note: there's a truck outside selling crackers made of tapioca, potato and others... Quite good so if you love, just buy.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank BL_Leo
Reviewed 26 August 2020 via mobile

Love the kway chap here. Taste so good. Great thing is that you choose your side dishes. Specially love the quail century eggs. Yummmmy!

Date of visit: August 2020
94  Thank Jo-AnnKYTan
Reviewed 23 May 2020

Soon Lai Kway Chap or call it the well-known Kway Chap was their signature dish. they also served braised pork meat, pork organs, chicken feet, marinated eggs. it's a must try food at batu pahat.

Reviewed 8 March 2020 via mobile

Local cuisine - kway chap is the main attraction in the restairant. Clean & comfort dining hall. Ample of parking nearby