“Good price for great meal!”
Review of Restaurant Marko

Restaurant Marko
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Rakovica
Reviewed 15 September 2017

It is great restaurant with great food. Prices are reasonable, service was good. It was not to crowded. We were there in afternoon time.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We just came out of the restaurant, the food was just great, not too expensive (~70 Kuna per dish).
Dish portions are great, no one stayed hungry (and some of us are too full).
Just by the road (right on the way to/from plitvicia national Park)!
Do stop by if you get hungry!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We were a group of six, no booking for our late lunch but seated outside on a large table by a very pleasant waiter. Our drinks came quickly. The menu is extensive, almost a booklet that runs for pages and pages, we all ordered broadly from the menu.
Our waiter returns and places old school paper place mats and cutlery at each place. I love the photographs on the place mats and it becomes apparent that Restoran Marko is actually part of a large resort. Tennis, swimming and horse riding are offered with accommodation in an hotel or villa. It's a sort of ritzy Croatian Butlins.
At one end of the terrace is an enormous open fireplace with a skinny lamb rotating slowly over the scorching coals. It's great food theatre and I almost regret ordering wild boar stew.
Our food arrives in good time and I have to say I made the best choice. The stew is delicious, it's my first wild boar and I'm surprised how meaty it is, I was expecting it to be like pork. The grilled polenta which accompanied was also excellent, it's a large meal and I happily share with the others at the table. The other meals are traditional Croatian fare, roast meats with vegetables or salad and Cevapcici which we all agree are bland in comparison to my meal. The meats need a sauce, the salads need a better dressing and some of the vegetables are from a tin!
The terrace was very pleasant and though it was busy we received good service. Food was hit and miss but to be perfectly honest we found that to be the case in most restaurants in this area.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

This is the only option around this area. But it is a high level restaurant. In terms of architecture and culinary. The price is good. In the morning they offer a complete breakfast for about 55 kuna (less than 10 euros). I recommend the omeletes and risoto with calamari. Another good option is the wild boar meat, it is tradition there and the meat taste so nice. Delicious.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

The food was good, the meat dishes in particular, the staff was friendly although they kinda struggled when we ordered in english, we were served pretty quickly and the prices were reasonable (we spent 220kn in 4). Would recommend