“Always yummy”

Giggling Squid Esher
Ranked #10 of 62 Restaurants in Esher
Price range: US$14 - US$43
Description: Living in the area made me think that Giggling Squid would fit in really well. We also wanted a good local Thai restaurant that we could eat in! Before this building became a Giggling Squid, I used to take my son for tea here after his swimming class. How times change! From day one, we’ve had such immense support from the locals and parents from schools around the area. It’s also probably one of my favourite restaurants – there’s a sky light at the back which makes the lamps sparkle as the sun goes down.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Ate here with my daughter during the week. Great vegetarian sharing platter to start with a prawn pad Thai for a main course for me - delicious. Perfectly cooked king prawns. Personally, I prefer the lunchtime deals for value but the food is always good and the service friendly and efficient.

1  Thank Amanda032

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came here having pre-booked for a post cinema Saturday meal. Place was loud and busy and they took great care to accommodate us as we were slightly early. Food came out too quickly ( always a worry) was rather lack lustre and underwhelming. My chicken dish would not have been out of place in a Harvester ( this btw is not a recommendation)The whole idea of GS when it first started seems to have got lost in their roll out ; tapas and authenticity has given way to highly priced main dishes and central production techniques. A shame as service is always first rate and the place is very well looked after.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited for the first time on Saturday having booked online earlier in the day. We arrived for a 6.15 table and initialpositive impression of a smart modern interior were dampened by being told on walking through the door that we had to leave by 8 pm. Manners please! That said the food was great - sharing menu to start with soft shell crab and popcorn chicken for main. Egg noodles were awesome. Puddings less impressive and the choc cake pudding was crazily spicy - we couldn't eat It! Would go again though quite expensive.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We often pop into the Giggling Squid and have one of their set menu's. We went at 2 pm to avoid the busy period but on this occasion when we arrived it was very busy but was soon to empty. We were greeted with the warm welcome and to our table. We ordered what we had the last time, tapas and main dish. However we were surprised that our mains we served before the tapas. What was even more a surprise was that the food looked and tasted different. The meal we had had before was better- was it a different chef?

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Great service and varied Thai menu.
Large but nicely appointed and in the centre of of Esher High Street.