“Love this place!! ”

Ranked #5 of 24 Restaurants in Sippy Downs
Price range: US$1 - US$7
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

I come to sun sushi all the time and everything is always delicious (especially the rice bowls). All of the staff are wonderful and we have been randomly given free ice cream twice!! Highly recommend :)

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

A nice little suburban sushi train. There is a nice selection on the train but the staff are happy to make a dish for you from the much larger menu. It also seems to do a large take away trade. There are a mixture of plates ranging in price. I had the prawn sushi and the fresh tuna sushi. Both were tasty and fresh.

1  Thank Mark4560
Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

Sun sushi used to be good but now it's just dreadful. From cold food to non existent table service. They use the frozen dumplings from Aldi. Not fresh like you would expect! Caught them opening a pack. Don't waste your time.

Frances W, General Manager at Sun Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

Hello Tanya,

Thank you for taking your time to review us, and I am sorry you felt that way. However, there are some misunderstanding. The dumpling pack you see is called KB, which is widely spread in all grocery stores such as Aldi, Coles and Costco. We purchase all our products from Japanese suppliers and please understand that we do not have control of who our suppliers sell to.
In regards to the cold food, I am not sure what food you were talking about but I do know that some of our customers like to see them on the train and enjoy the ease of grab and go. However, we are always welcome customers to order fresh ones even sushi rolls.
Tanya, thanks again for your time and your visit, we do love to see you again and please do not hesitate to provide us your dining experience with our friendly staff onsite in order to allow us to serve you right.

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!
Don't get me wrong, although the sushi here might be lacking in range, it certainly isn't poor quality.
What was poor quality during my short visit here was the customer service.
Not once was I acknowledged by any of the 4 staff members here. Had I have been, I would have spent twice the amount that I did. I wouldn't have minded a green tea and a miso soup, as these are things that are often readily available at other sushi bars. No one asked.

The staff there was no older than 20 years old, and all seemed more interested in each others weekends and phones, than what their customers wanted.

Won't be going back to this place.

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for taking your time to review us, and I am sorry you felt our customer services quality is poor. Your opinion is important to us, and I am grateful your suggestions such as approaching for a miso soup and offer our free green tea. They are all has been written into our staff handbook now and will be executed by every staff members.
Using mobile phone is never allowed in our workplace as well as ignoring customers is a serious misconduct. I will make sure this will not happened again and I am awfully sorry for I did not train my staff appropriately.

Andrew, I am appreciated your review and please give us a second chance so you could see our improvement. You are always welcome to provide your dining experience with our staff onsite or filled out a customer complain sheet, so I could make sure our policies are practiced properly.

Reviewed 17 April 2016

This restaurant is fantastic, with the sushi train, can order off a menu and it does takeaways.

All the food freshly cooked, cooked to order etc, very busy place for both dining in and takeaways, and very popular with the locals

Hello Dan,

Thank you for your time reviewing us, we are very pleased to see your compliment and this is a very strong motive for us to keep providing best price and fantastic food for our local community. We will soon be opening a new coffee, tea & gelato shop next door and we hope you see you there soon too :)