“Fantastic”

Covecastles Restaurant
Price range: US$18 - US$42
Description: Casual, beachfront fine dinning with sweeping views of Saint Martin. The menu is driven by a wood fired kitchen and seasonal ingredients.
Reviewed 2 July 2016

We shared a Buratta (tomato mozzarella salad), it was unreal - local beefsteak tomatoes, cold, Campari tomatoes on the vine, grilled, warm, roasted red peppers, cold, and the most amazing Buratta cheese I have ever had, rich and creamy, it melted in my mouth, topped with a light vinegar and oil dressing, and the piece de resistance, tiny sardines - the whole thing was just amazing.
We also shared a pepperoni and fennel sausage pizza, it too was fabulous, they have a wood fired pizza oven and the crust was perfect, thick mozzarella, pepperoni and chunks of Marcs home made sausage, which he sells. That was one of the best pizzas I have ever had - truly memorable. Their menu was so good that we had a hard time deciding what to get. Highly recommend

Reviewed 23 June 2016

This is my first review on tripadvisor and my dinner at the Covescastle Restaurant was a great catalyst. We dined at Jacula, Veya, Pimms, and an old favorite Trattoria Tramonto this week, but the Covecastles Restaurant was the highlight of the trip. The menu is set up as a three-course prix fixe. We had the burrata and the short ribs for an appetizer and followed that with the lobster angoletti and the homemade pasta with oxtail sauce. These 4 were all tremendous. The complexity of the flavors elevated this meal above your traditional Caribbean dining. The short ribs were accompanied by homemade cucumber kimchi, slivers of Thai papers and the Korean marinade that had deeply penetrated the ribs. The lobster angoletti were unbelievable. A real portion of lobster stuffed ravioli with additional chunks of lobster on top. The lemon cream sauce was incredibly light and allowed the lobster to shine through. The decor was stark and the atmosphere would be more "elegant" then "happening". Look forward to my next arrival when I can work through more of the menu.

1  Thank PD400PD400
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Dinner last night was wonderful. We enjoyed the new summer 3 course pre fix menu and had the short ribs and buratta and tomato appetizers, both excellent. Entrees were seafood paella and lion fish in parchment. Dessert was banana cake and s'mores. The service was attentive. The atmosphere was modern and comfortable. I highly recommend!

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Truly one of the finest meals I've ever had, the menu is challenging since each of the offerings looked so good we found it hard to decide. Our group toured a wide variety of the selections and each was pure joy.

Reviewed 18 April 2016

We are delighted that chef Marc Alvarez has returned to Anguilla and are loving his wonderful creations at Covecastles Restaurant!

1  Thank Island-Mavericks