La Residenza dei Cappuccini(Spello)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$72
US$83
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Nuovo Albergo Il Portonaccio(Spello)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 24/07
US$53
  • Breakfast included
Terra Dei Santi Country House(Spello)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$75
La Bastiglia(Spello)
US$105
US$106
  • Room Service
US$90
La Corte del Conte(Spello)(Great Value!)
US$80
B&B I Narcisi(Spello)(Great Value!)
All reviewspastaolive treeshunting lodgeantipastifive coursesthis wonderful placelocal ingredientsfantastic foodhistoric centergorgeous poolan amazing hostwonderful accommodationswould love to return one dayshort drivecommon areasbreathtaking viewsbeautiful property
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Let me say this was 32nd trip to Italy. I really love the country, this was the first time we travelled with both my siblings and spouses. We were treated like royalty , everything was focused on the customer experience. Jacapo and family made it feel like home. Gps was important as there are many little towns and restaurants to see. Have a dinner at the inn you won't be disappointed. Would go back in a heartbeat. Thanks for all your care we will always remember Spello.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2016

A taste of Italy in this ancient fortress near Spello. Food and wine excellent and plentiful. The family were very friendly and helpful on all accounts. A great stay in this lovely part of Umbria - Assisi, Perugia, Spoleto are all within easy reach.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2016

My husband and I along with another couple spent a week at ill Bastione. The setting is truly beautiful and the 1000 year old ceiling in the dining room is amazing. While it is just a short drive or challenging but good walk to Spello, the views and setting among the olive groves are amazing. Breakfast is included and is not to be missed. Grandma’s cakes are delicious and rather addicting, along with what ever you request. Jacob and his father truly go out of their way to take care of your every need. I had a problem with the next leg of my itinerary and Jacob called for me without hesitation. We had dinner there too and it was delicious. I can not say enough about the room we stayed in. It has a gorgeous sitting room just outside our room and we felt like it was an apartment. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Alfeiri is room beautiful views and a refrigerator. hairdryer. Daily fresh linens.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2016

I am only giving this place a 5 because a 6 is not an option! I debated not writing a review out of fear that this place would become a tourist trap! =P

I have stayed at Agriturismos all over central Italy, and without a doubt this is THE BEST place I have ever stayed in.

The hospitality is peerless. Jacobo, mama (nonna), and papa (maestro d'fuoco!) treat you like you are a member of the family. I have never seen such earnest, hard working, friendly, and generally jolly people before!

This agrituismo is a repurposed 11th century military bastion and later a 14th century hunting lodge used by the Baglioni family of umbria (think "Umbrian version of the Medici"). Jacobo's grandfather bought the place as it was in ill-repair and restored it over to time to its present glory.

Just above the town of spello, the views from this location are out of this world. I did not know it was possible for a valley to this green! The view of the valley is sublime. The fact that you can enjoy this view while sipping on a glass (all you can drink, by the way) of the house rosso di montifalco, is even more remarkable.

Our room had a slight view of the valley and it was an awesome way to wake up in the morning. Even better was walking into the bastione to take breakfast every morning. everything was lovingly baked the night before by Nonna the night before except the eggs. the eggs are prepared directly by jacobo. And let me tell you, if you have not had farm fresh eggs before, you are missing out. the brightness of the yolk is not something you're gonna find at your local supermarket, even if it's a whole foods!

Dinner was just as remarkable. 5 courses of umbrian decadence. the antipasti platter was enough for a meal! except it wasn't. It's followed by home made umbria pasta (a thick spaghetti essentially) primi, a meat based secondi, and finally a dessert. but that's not all, there's also espresso/cafe, and the whole meal is accompanied by all you can drink water AND WINE! both red and white! if you've stayed in italy, you know that a lot of places charge for water, not here. Every course is excquisite, if a bit salty. you can always ask for less salt (which we did). The big surprise is that all of this only costs 25 euros a head. can you believe that?

They make all of the their own cheese and meat too! they will show you a room in their cellar where they age the meat and store/age the wine and liquor.

They are building a swimming pool, so if that's you're thing, you're going to be able to swim with a remarkable view of umbria.

The proximity to Spello is another plus. Spello is such a beautiful little town, and it's CENTRAL. it's right near the main road allowing for easy acccess to Assisi (a must) and Spoleto!

This is one of those places that you cannot pass up. If you're in Umbria (Assisi side, not Orvieto side), there is no reason to even look for another place to stay. This is it. Run, don't walk.

Room Tip: The top floor has a large room with a wonderful view. It's pricier, but if you want a stunning view, that is the one.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tewkewl
Reviewed 21 May 2016

We were absolutely delighted by the location, food, service, and firendliness of staff. Jacob was always there for us, helpful with anything and everything we asked for. This place is perfect for those who love to be away from everyday hastle and stress, and look for absolute relax.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 6, which had private entrance and beautiful view.
Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple