“Great breakfast”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

On fishing trip with several friends looked for somewhere to have breakfast as our usual stop had closed for Easter. Found the Anchor inn. Could not fault the place. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Found us a table and explained where everything was. Breakfast was excellent. Will definitely be using this location again.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We bought a meal deal for the restaurant as part of an overnight stay at Premier Inn.

I have to say after waiting 45 minutes for our meals to arrive we would have gone elsewhere if we hadn't already paid.

When it reached the hour mark I asked where our food was. I was told there had been a rush on (it was less than half full) and would be another 10 minutes.

Finally 1 hour 20 after ordering our food arrived. It was okay. Nothing special which wouldn't normally bother me in this type of venue.

We then asked for our puddings to be takeaway due to the length of delay with the main meal and it took them a further 20 minutes to bring out these desserts which is pathetic.

Added to this the restaurant was too hot and we all felt too hot in there. Overall, we won't be going back again and really wouldn't recommend it.

1  Thank Jamie S
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Staying at the Premier Inn and used to frequenting less chain-style establishments, this visit was needs-must. Hangry levels were already high but we chose our two meals quickly after rescuing the menus from the uncleared cluttered table. Queue at the bar for food (to be expected as it was around 6pm) gave me the chance to listen to the waitress' interaction with customers; friendly enough but not a single smile / joke was forthcoming. Heard her inform someone else of the 30-40 minute wait but never informed me directly. Sat and waited; nothing wrong with the 50 minute wait as far as I was concerned, this meant the food would be freshly made and hot. Meanwhile, serving staff seemed unable to work with any haste or raise a smile. Tables left right and centre went uncleared, clean cutlery ran out, food was brought out incorrectly and the ordering queue grew and grew. Ladies toilet out of order plus coffee machine broke. Food arrived and while plenty of it, tasty and predictable for the chain, the chips were lukewarm. Not in the right frame of mind for arguing for some new ones, we consumed said meals. Food = 7/10 Absolutely everything else = 1/10. Will not return.

2  Thank M M
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Always nice food try the carvery good value for money, staff work hard there be nice to them they will be nice to you.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

My wife and I called in for our evening meal and selected of a fairly decent menu. However after placing our order we waited 20 minutes only to be told that there was only one portion of ribs left when we had ordered two. My wife changed her order to steak however she was not asked how she wanted it cooked. She had to go to the bar to inform them. When it did arrive she had ordered medium and it came well done. My meal was Luke warm at best and was not nice at all. Many other people were taking their food back and complaining. The main problem was that there was not enough staff to cope. The restaurant however was not very busy so they should have been able to cope easily. We visit the brewers fayre quite often and the portion sizes are much bigger than here. It is without doubt the worst we have visited.