“Awful from start to finish”
Review of Hotel Alone

and 1 more site!
Hotel Alone
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Finestrat
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Arrive late on our first night which we had a drink in the bar and there was entertainment on however all in Spanish. Once this had finished the 3 bar staff who were so rude and couldn't smile came to wipe our table and turned the lights off whilst we were still drinking. The Tues we went down for our first breakfast....OMG the so called butter was like a hard cheese, the cereal was like cardboard, the waiting staff was vile and we asked for more scrambled egg as none in the tray he told us 10 minutes no problem, I went back and asked where it was only to be told its not possible to do anymore! We had a dry piece of toast each and never had breakfast again, we ate out in Benidorm itself. I then went to complain at reception as breakfast is till 10am and we asked for egg at 940! Not good. We never had any feedback from them or a sorry etc. Shocking. The room itself was nice and the sun late on was lovely. On the wed night we asked for our transfer time for Thursday which he told me he had no internet, we went to the room to check wifi on our phones and it was working, down I went again to be told he doesn't have the transfer list! On the Thurs we left our luggage in the luggage room and asked again for the transfer to which the lady dialled a number and passed me the phone to sort myself. I got that sorted we went off to enjoy our last day. Arriving back at the hotel we asked for a shower to get changed for home and was sent with our luggage to the other hotel! Marvellous. This hotel was totally for the Spanish. We found it all to be abrupt, rude, in the sticks, wouldn't help or communicate and we wouldn't ever go here or recommend this to anyone. Good job we had hot weather and ventured into Benidorm. Awful experience and I have been to Benidorm since I was a teen and stayed in numerous places but never come across staff or people as dreadful as the above.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
MEDSUR, MEDSUR-HOTELES at Hotel Alone, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Laura B. Thank you for your opinion about Hotel Alone. Every client opinion its welcome as it’s the best way to do things better every day. All of the clients are very welcome, no matter where they came from. We are sad to ear that you didn’t enjoy your staying with us and we like to say sorry. We are sorry for the bar to close at 00.00, but it’s about law and other clients can complain if we still open or if we have music after that time. We always try to make a variated menu in our buffet so every client can always find something they like. We are going to check all the dishes. About the airport transfer, we don’t arrange transfer service. Normally the travel agency does. We are always happy to help but during your staying we have a big problem with our internet connection. Moreover travel agency’s always want to talk direct with clients to avoid mistakes. As we said before, we are sad to read that our Hotel didn’t match your expectations. Anyway, we hope to see you back again in one of our hotels. Regards. Medsur-hoteles.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Firstly the good points of this Hotel Christina wonderful receptionist nothing to much trouble. Sergio fantastic helpful young man on reception. Let me tell you the good points about this Hotel - the bed wonderful cleaners very good and that is were it stops.
The food was awful they serve margarine theHotel does not and has never had butter. The portion of the dining area is small hot food was always served on cold plates, the breakfast you wouldn't eat the bacon was swimming in grease. The cereals were like cardboard. The deserts consisted of fruit ice cream rice pudding jelly. My friend asked for a cup of tea with her meal and was quite prepared to pay but was catergorically told no. They would not get her a drink. A coke a cola in the hotel was £2.50 a jug of sangria that I asked for instead of putting brandy could they put vodka in cost 16 euros. The swimming pool was. Lovely and the barman Juan always pleasant. The entertainment was of course for the Spanish. I spoke to English people that were there and at their sister hotel directly next door to the Alone don't stay there someone told me the carpets were rancid and it stank.

Room Tip: Don't go there unless you are Spanish if you do get a South Facing room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel and resort. Entertainment geared towards the local spanish but to be honest once you've been busy all day you just need a good nights sleep.Beds are huge and comfortable. Room service great. Our only negative cimnents are noisy dustcarts at 2am! Also some of the locals seem to think they need to move out the way when on the pavements as pavements are quite narrow.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2017

just got back from staying here had a great stay rooms was really nice and clean the only complaint I would say which I did complain about was the sausages at breakfast . At first I thought oh great proper bangers but when I cut into them they were raw . The problem was it wasn't just a one off they were all raw and the next time we got sausage they were the same . I did complain so I just hope it didn't go on death ears
other than that I was happy oh one last thing it would have been nice just to have a little music in back ground at pool it was a little to quiet

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
MEDSUR, MEDSUR-HOTELES. at Hotel Alone, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear client. Thank you for write this opinion about Alone. Our clients opinions are the best way for us to know what are we doing well and what we could do better. We have taken note about your sausages complain and also about pool music. We hope to see you back soon in one of our hotel. Regards. Medsur-hoteles.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

It is very good hotel to stay with family. There is anything your kids need. Rooms are very clean and air conditioning is included. You have also free access to WiFi from room.

Kids didn't even think about overcrowded beaches, whereas pools and slides were at hand. Parents can also enjoy drinks and jacuzzi.

Parking a car was challenging as it is very tight there. Some people would complain about the breakfast as it was pretty basic, but fresh and tasteful. For me it was just fine. I enjoyed dinners very much. A lot of choice and I just couldn't fit it all

Reception was kind and helpful, but struggling with English. Most of the guests were Spanish. Animation club was active and full of fun, but again, mainly for Spanish families.

There is very nice beach 10 min walk from hotel. The bigger ones are 10min by car in Benidorm Town,if u are lucky to find a parking spot.

Our whole family of four enjoyed 2 weeks in this very nice hotel. I recommend it.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
MEDSUR, Medsur-hoteles. at Hotel Alone, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Hello. Thank you for write this opinion about Hotel Alone. We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed your staying with us. We hope to see you back soon in one of our hotels. Regards.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Finestrat
0.7 km away
4.4 km away
Hotel Finca Fabiola
Hotel Finca Fabiola
#5 of 6 in Finestrat

Been to Hotel Alone? Share your experiences!