“Nice Fishing Day”

Lanzarote Fishing Club
Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

Thank you for the nice fishing day!
We caught an Stingray and several other nice but small fishes.
The boat trip was although very nice.
It was great day.

Christian

There are newer reviews for Lanzarote Fishing Club

Reviewed 18 January 2016

Quick to take cash off you upon boarding the vessel. Rods and reels were of a poor quality apart from the skipper 'Tino's' 2,000 Euro set up and the many others onboard for 'show.' First fish of the day a 15lb Amberjack came to Tino, he screamed at the young crew member a genuine and kind Irish lad Alan to film and photograph the capture immediately. No assistance, help or guidance was provided by Tino. I was fortunate enough to play and land a tuna, others less so, seemed their set ups were for targeting bait fish all day. When returned paying customers were asked to have photographs of them holding other anglers fish in front of passing tourists, talk about false advertising.

7  Thank Matt_Mahy
Reviewed 12 January 2016

Thank you for a lovely day on the sea. Weather was good and the crew were very friendly, thoroughly enjoyed it!

Daniel Kold

Reviewed 6 January 2016 via mobile

The truth about Mizu.

Now. Before I start this review I think you should look at my previous reviews. I am from Manchester in UK. I have posted many reviews previously, mainly centred on Hotels. This should convince you that I have no reason to post a review that contains anything but the truth.

So. We booked Mizu in a shop in Puerto Del Carmen. The rep spoke highly of Mizu. We got to our Hotel later and the English staff on reception also spoke highly of Mizu. So, to the trip...

We were collected from our Apartments in a new minibus at 8:45am and driven to the boat at Puerto Calero just 20 mins away. At the start I thought it was great that there would only be 8 of us on the boat. However, other minibuses arrived and we were taken aboard. There were about 18 people fishing on the boat & 2 spectators. The boat crew consisted of Tino himself, a miserable Spanish assistant and a nice, young Irish Guy. The Rods (AT THE REAR OF THE BOAT -TAKE NOTE OF THIS-) all looked really expensive & professional as seen in the photos on the glossy leaflets. Indeed these rods & reels must have cost Thousands of pounds. You didn't really think you were going to be using these Rods did you? Problem... We did!

As we set off from the harbour the Spanish misery guy and the decent Irish lad then baited all these professional Rods (about 15) and threw them in the sea whilst we sped off. This is called Trolling and is aimed at catching Tuna/Marlin following the boat. However, you have no interaction with this. This is for the boat owners only. These rods are not for passengers. After 45 minutes 'trolling' we stopped at our fishing 'spot'. We were all then handed basic Rods with reels on (probably worth about £10 - £20 per set). We were also handed a tray of Raw Squid and showed how to bait our hooks. Then the Irish guy told us how to fish... Here goes your fishing lesson...

"OK. You drop this Giant weight off the side of the boat. When it hits the bottom you leave it and reel it in when you're ready. Today we will only be bottom fishing for Stingrays".

There was no real fishing equipment or floats, weights etc. Just a huge lead weight on the end of the line with 2 hooks on the line. You just drop the weight off the side of the boat and wait until the line stops reeling off (The weight has then hit the bottom of the Sea) That's it. Literally!

Now, we had 2 kids with us and they each caught a small fish within the first hour so they were pretty excited. One bloke caught a small Weaver fish. One bloke caught a small puffa fish. Other than that, that is it really. After an hour we were told to reel in so the Captain could find a "better spot" and we 'trolled' for another 20 minutes. The new spot was no better and between us all we caught couple of fish. What all this rubbish is about Digital Fish finding equipment baffles me. Now. What's this junk about you keeping your Fish (just in case you wanted to eat it in your self catering apartment)? Er no... If you do actually catch a Fish the Irish guy appears and takes it off you and puts it in a cool box at the front of the Boat (if it's a decent size). Who knows where these fish end up?

Every time the captain decides to move the boat you have to reel in and er.... Wait. When lunch did arrive ... Did I say lunch? Ha ha. The captain literally boils a big vat of water and puts in a few packets of Pasta hoops/linguine etc (29p per pack in Manchester). When the said pasta is cooked he throws in a few jars of Bolognese Sauce (59p per jar in Manchester). You are then served this on kids plastic plates. Total cost of this 'meal' for us all on the boat would have been about £3 which works at at about 15 pence per person. Then, Irish guy offers you a can of budget/value beer (We saw these cans in our local supermarket at €3 for 12). The kids got a plastic cup of value Coke from a 2L bottle.

There is no way you can blame the captain for us catching hardly anything but the leaflets that say the boat has fish finder equipment is a total lie. The food is junk! The drinks are ridiculous. All in all we had our rods out for about 2 hours (from the 5 hour trip).

Finally, one more thing...remember when I mentioned the expensive, professional rods? Well, they are baited at all times by the miserable Spanish captains mate and guess what... One of the rods hooked a giant Stingray. Brilliant! You think. I might catch one too. NO WAY! The second the StingRay was hooked the captain and Mr miserable went berserk and demanded we all reeled in our lines from the side of the boat. That was the fishing over for us! For the next 40 minutes we (I say we because to be fair to the Captain he allowed a few of us to take turns fighting the Giant Ray) all watched as the captain professionally reeled in a HUGE Stingray on the professional Rod. We just had to watch! Finally, with the Ray caught the day was over and we all sailed back home with the trolling baits out. All in all, my opinion is;

The food was ridiculous. The drinks were Rubbish. There were far too many people on the boat (our lines kept getting tangled there was that many people on board). Even if you were to hook a decent size fish your silly, hobby Rod would go nowhere near it.

Our kids caught 3 fish between them so the day was just about OK. Would we go again? No way Jose!. Not for €70 per fisherman and €50 for spectators. If you asked me how much I'd pay for this again I'd say £20 AT MOST. One bloke was so disgusted he just put his rod down and sulked all day (who can blame him? Our 2 kids kept tangling his line, yet what can you do when a boat is so overcrowded with no room to fish?)

Here's my suggestion...save your €70 and buy a hobby rod from the supermarket for €8 and spend a few hours fishing off the rocks with a bait of Squid.

If this is deep see fishing then I'm a Man City fan AND THAT AINT EVER GONNA HAPPEN, unless you tell me I have to pay €250 (for 4) for a Sea Fishing trip on Mizu. I might then consider being a City Fan. Ok. That was a joke. I'd rather eat Mushrooms than do either (feel sick now).

If you read this and are still considering a day out sea fishing on Mizu, please contact me because it just so happens that I have $100 million that I need you to look after for me. All I need is your bank details and PIN.

14  Thank William R
Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

Read all reviews they are true and too the point.
I can't say any more about this ripoff company .
Believe me it will be the worst fishing trip you will ever have if you could call it a fishing trip .
The fishing tackle is what you would use in a pond but so was the fish
Disgusted wasted money on this
BEWARE THIS GUY WILL TAKE YOUR CASH OFF YOU !!!

7  Thank Brian Y