“FRESH fish!”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 February 2015

These folks make a big deal about the freshness of their seafood and after tasting some I can see why. While the lunch I attended skipped the pasta courses, the fried antipasti, grilled second plates and the desserts were wonderful. Can't say much about the prices either as I never saw a bill, but I'll go back there on my own dime and this time try some of the pasta!!

Reviewed 13 December 2014

Had lunch here after visiting the ruins of Ostia Antica. For starters I had the Spaghetti Monumento, which contains generous amounts of mussels, clams and prawns. It was quite good, although I slightly regretted not having ordered the Tonarelli Cacio e Pepe, which looked even better. For my second, I had the Gamberoni al Coccio, which the menu claims to be an old recipe. It consisted of about eight large prawns cooked in a sauce containing, among other things. brandy. The sauce was lovely, and the prawns were already partially peeled, making them easier to eat. I finished with a slice of warm apple cake, which was as good as any I have eaten in Italy. The Torta della Nonna also looked very good.
There is a large selection of seafood, both for the first and second dishes, and one sounded better than the next. The non-seafood selection is much smaller. Those in my party who had the scaloppine were also very pleased, but if you don't like seafood I would suggest you look elsewhere.
Two slight negatives: a couple of things on the menu were not available when we were there, and the menu listed on their website doesn't seem to exactly correspond to the one they gave us.

Reviewed 25 November 2014

With it's proximity to the airport and the famous ruins, staying in Ostia Antica for our final night in Italy was the right choice and eating at the famous Monumento was a great farewell dinner for us. The cace e pepe with shrimp pasta was outrageous! We both had a glass of white wine suggested by the waiter which was delicious and complimented our meal perfectly. We had the after dinner complimentary limoncello and amaro, which really makes us smile and say, only in Italy...not to mention being plied with cookies while leaving from the owner. Again, going off season, you often get to chat with staff and owners who aren't running around and get to engage, converse and learn more about the Italian people and culture. Thank you, to the boss and our charismatic waiter Andrea for making our last night so special! Ciao, we'll be back!

1  Thank holly f
Reviewed 15 November 2014

Four of us went there for our last dinner in Italy before departure the next morning. The seafood was fresh, the house wine good and the service was helpful and attentive. I had eaten there before and had the same experience. Thanks for being there more than 100 years. If it's good enough for Jackie O, Richard Burton and even Il Duce, who am I to argue.

Pleasant atmosphere as well--not fancy but welcoming.

1  Thank rlemon
Reviewed 15 November 2014

The scampi risotto and fish ravioli with clams were terrific. The house white was good and complemented our seafood well. The service was polished and pleasant. One of our most enjoyable meals in Italy. We will keep this restaurant on our list so that we can return.

2  Thank Paula S