“Little disappointed!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bloubergstrand
Mandalay Beach Guest House
Ranked #17 of 52 Bloubergstrand B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 March 2017

I was very disappointed. The rooms were very plain with open bathroom to bedroom concept. It was not very clean in those hidden place like behind the bed stands which I pulled away to plug my phone in to charge and behind the TV which did not work as the cables kept falling out of the decoder.

I was in room 2 on the bottom which was extremely noise. I could here the guy urining in the toilet in room 1 and I could here all the movement from the person upstairs as the wooden floors creeked above me.

They only servce breakfast from 7:30 which does not suit a business person as I was long gone by then. They did however offer to make me a breakfast box one morning which was delivered to my room the night before - a cold fried egg with cold bacon and cold mushrooms and a slide of bread with yoghurt and a juice. Yummy! Not! On my last day I did management to leave

Room Tip: NOT downstairs!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Beautiful place, Hospitality is 100% plus the breakfast is everything. Nice staff & management, quiet environment very comfortable and suitable for a getaway. Definitely come back again and again anytime I touch down Capetown.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

Excellent location, near table view with great beach and restaurants. Breakfast was excellent. Mark was very friendly and helpful, he couldn't do enough for us! Neat and tidy rooms. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nathan H
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

We were in a fix for a work trip as most accommodation was booked out we needed to be at parliament. We found this gem of a place on the net from the first communication to the last service was professional and very helpful.

Beautiful guesthouse the room I had was very pretty, all your basic needs are taken care of great cupboard space and a warm blanket in case the weather changes.

The service of the young lady when we arrived was friendly and as we had an early start she arranged a breakfast take away which helps a lot.

Very accommodating regarding out work arrangements as work pays for dinner when we arrived our dinner vouchers were ready did not even have to ask was most impressed.

Would love to go on holiday as its near the beach and near restruants.

For work trips I want to stay here as its a home away from home I was comfortable and slept well and was refreshed to take my work duties on.

Prices are reasonable and include breakfast the service and efficiency are a winner for me!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Meshendri P
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

What an amazing time my husband and I had at Mandalay Beach Guest House... close to everything we needed and wanted to see... friendly staff... clean and neat facilities... and so much more!! Will definitely stay there again!!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple