Hotel La Cumbre(Puerto de Mazarron)
US$57
Playasol(Puerto de Mazarron)(Great Value!)
US$61
Pension Los Cisnes(Puerto de Mazarron)(Great Value!)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Playa Grande(Puerto de Mazarron)
US$72
  • Pool
Pension Egea II(Puerto de Mazarron)
US$57
Hotel Bahia(Puerto de Mazarron)
US$94
US$92
  • Beachfront
Pension La Linea(Puerto de Mazarron)(Great Value!)
US$45
  • Restaurant
Pension La Venta(Puerto de Mazarron)(Great Value!)
US$47
Pension Urena(Puerto de Mazarron)
Priceline
  • Beachfront
All reviewsteething problemspool areaentertainment teamshow cookinglovely hotelfleetway traveleuro depositmaintenance staffporkworked so hardinclusive breaknewly opened hotelgood sized bathroomloud musicpasta stationdos playasrestaurant staff
Reviewed 17 May 2017

This hotel came up in a deal, so after a bit of research we booked. We were not disappointed. Algeria has only been opened for a couple of months, So everything was brand new, we had a superior room, which was very clean, bed comfortable, plenty space to move around & a very nice spacious balcony.
The food was excellent, meat ,a couple of choices ,or fish was cooked freshly on the grill as was certain veggies, there was always other selections of meat or vegetarian dishes on the hot plates. A delicious salad bar always fresh different selections, selections of fresh fruit, & a dessert bar with some yummy desserts.
Breakfast also had a very good selection, cooked , continental, fresh breads, pastries, & cereals. Also selection of yogurts. I would say that all meals had such a good selection, there was something there for everyone.
Staff were so helpful, all were smiling & helpful. I would say that as nice as the reception staff were I felt they did not know all that was going on in the hotel & were not fully converse with the surrounding area.
We presumed it was the manager of the hotel who was constantly visiting different areas of the hotel, making sure everything was tip top.
There is a very nice small marina, & always somewhere to walk to if you so desire, Puerto Mazarron is a 20 Minute walk, or you could get a taxi. We had a 2 hour cruise from the Marina in Puerto, also caught a bus to Cartegena, which we thoroughly enjoyed.
A very relaxing & wonderful holiday

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alison G
Eduardo B, Director General at ALEGRIA Dos Playas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Thanks Alison for your nice comments, we are happy you enjoyed our food service and hope you are coming again soon. Kindest regards.

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Staying at this hotel was a fanatically relaxing experience, one in which we were fully welcomed and looked after by all staff members concerned.

Upon arrival, it was suggested that we go to the restaurant to eat before we check in as the restaurant was due to shut. We were given our wrist bands before checking in properly which was very considerate of the hotel, putting our needs first. The restaurant has a wide range of food selection, meat, fish, salad, deserts all completely fresh with some meats prepared in front of you. Breakfast is served 8-10.30 giving you a great relief that a lie in on holiday is acceptable!

The pool area is very well maintained, attending the hotel at this time of the year and it only being opened for a month it was very quiet which we thoroughly enjoyed as there was never a queue for food/ sun loungers/ clean towels which you could get at the pool side for your lounger. The atmosphere was very peaceful, children all very well behaved and all guests very friendly.

Staff members were very helpful and considerate, the entertainment team made us feel very welcome and made a fuss, despite us not being kids! There were fun simple poolside games such as guessing how many cocktail sticks were in the lemon, winner gets a bottle of wine! Games like this got everyone smiling and increased the friendly atmosphere around the pool- simple but effective. There were various dancing/ aerobic/ yoga activities around the pool which many guests joined in with and the others clapped along, encouragingly. We played badminton, darts and other games which other guests which was fun and had a level of enjoyment interacting with the other guests. Despite this for a large proportion of our holiday we relaxed around the pool doing absolutely nothing it was so peaceful! Quiz nights and casino nights were a popular evening entertainment.

Staff were spoken to in a respectful manner by their superiors in front of guests which i really appreciated. For example one staff member was encouraged to ensure the plate shelf in the restaurant was dust free, however this order was given very tactfully in front of guests. All staff seemed happy and willing in their job and very respectful to us.

Our room was very clean modern and spacious. We had our own balcony over looking the pool which felt like we could be by ourselves yet still over look the pool area and the activities.

Overall this hotel was the ultimate get away for a couple as well as families and kids. This is definitely the place to relax and partake in activities, as a family or couple. I have not mentioned the surrounding area of this hotel as it is very rural. There are not a lot of bars or restaurants around I feel if we were not all inclusive, we'd have been struggling! We walked 20 minutes towards Puerto de Mazarron to find some restaurants but not a lot. Furthermore the transfers from San javier to the hotel were non existent. We paid €89 to get here. However we spent no money whilst here so that justified the price a bit! For 2 months leading upto this holiday myself and my PA tried to book a shared transfer but no such thing existed. She tried numerous times to contact the hotel directly for their advice but they did not return her messages. Since being here it seems most people travelled from Alicante airport which could have provided us with cheaper transfers but a longer journey.

Overall great self contained holiday with everything you need inside the complex itself. 100% recommend!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hayleyparker

Thanks Hayley for your nice commets and we are really happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to receive you back soon. Kindest regards.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

A beautifully refurbished hotel, on rather austere lines, but nevertheless, very high standard. The food was good enough, but can be improved: Lacking "Spanish flavour". The service was excellent: polite and efficient. The rooms were spotless.
An excellent general manager, who was highly visible, took time to speak not only to staff, but the guests as well. The town, Puerto Mazarron, looks rather tatty (at least out of season) but the "all inclusive" means that guests hardly need to leave the premises. The swimming pools are excellent, food is available practically all day long and the bars all well stocked. For those who want to venture out, the sea beaches across the road are clean and very inviting.

Stayed: May 2017
Eduardo B, Director General at ALEGRIA Dos Playas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Thanks for your comments, and we are really happy you enjoyed your all inclusive service. We hope to receive you again. Kindest regards.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

I booked this little holiday before the hotel was finished.I trust Secret Escapes and the price I paid was a bargain!! I knew that Secret Escapes would have not let me down. The company that looked after my trip is Fleetway and I have to say, they are really good with what they are doing. The place was amazing. We got allocated a suite with sea view, I could not believe it. Even if we arrived at 10 o'clock in the evening, we managed to have a delicious dinner, steak cooked to order and lots of fresh veggies, plus their Cava, not too Brut... Breakfast was fantastic!! Different kind of milk, soya, low fat, semi skimmed, full fat and something else. For lunch and dinner you could find an amazing selections of 'amuse bouche'.. I was in Heaven.. since I love to eat little things, lots of starters, and smoothies to start your meal.The staff were ever so friendly and professional. The bar staff, even if under pressure, were always happy to make you a perfect cocktail. I had 5 amazing days and I do not understand the bad reviews given. My partner and myself went walking down the beach, so quite and stunning. I live in London and my holidays are quite, since I can go out partying any time I want in town :) I really have nothing bad to say about Alegria Dos Playas, just thank you for an amazing stay :) ..and yes, there are English Channels on telly!!

Room Tip: I was given a suite with sea view, amazing and very quite. I slept like a baby!!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank magma62
Eduardo B, Director General at ALEGRIA Dos Playas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Thanks for your comments and we are happy you enjoyed your vacations with us. Hope to see you back soon. Regards.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Spent five nights with fleetway travel. Hotel superb. Still snagging after referb, but highest quality.reception bar and restaurant staff excellent.

Entertainment team average at best. Friendly but needs a lot of work. Still did not detract from holiday.

Bar excellent. Still gauging what drinks most popular but all premium quality. We were AI and a great range of drinks available.

Food top quality. Worldwide problem with keeping food hot but microwave available if required. All meals were varied and good quality. Plenty of fresh fish. Sirloin steaks to order one night. One of the best AI we have been to.

Few things for hotel to learn:-

Lack of information. No written info anywhere. Please have at reception and in rooms.

Not imperative but only one English Channel ( bbc world news) more needed

Great holiday

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Jedi! Thanks for your comments and we are happy you had a nice time with us. We do have info in the rooms, is a book where you can find all the information about the hotel and of course if you have any doubt our reception team will answer all your questions.
Regards.