“Good food and service”

Gula Gula
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went here for lunch when all the other restaurants in the port required a reservation. The patatas bravas were very good. For the main course I ordered lubina with shrimp in mushroom sauce. It was ok but lacked flavor. The service was good though. Lots of menu options.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

We and two friends met here for lunch as it looked attractive and heated on a cold winter's day.
Our orders placed we waited. My wife and I both had the salmon with rice, which came cold. It was reheated which didn't improve it.
Our friend ordered a salad with french fries (a vegetarian). The salad came, but the fries were forgotten and only turned up after several reminders.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

I have visited Gula Gula twice, once as a family of 3 with my husband and 4 year old daughter in Oct 2017 and the food was fabulous but service was shocking. I visited with family and friends Jan 2018 and the service was good but food not so good. The portions are small and poor value for money. One of the group could not even eat her meal it was that bad, we all tried it and agreed (meat raviolli). I also obervered a clear difference with how British are treated compared to Spanish. Every Spanish table was served bread but our table was not, despite speaking to the waiters in Spanish when we arrived. Sadly we will not be back.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

What a shame, this use to be our favourite restraunt and would visit regularly, the menu has decreased by 70% !!! And the cost has increased by 80%

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Food was ok but the service was slow ... waiter appeared to concentrate his time on the Spanish customers ignoring the English. Sat "outside" ... well it was outside until one of the Spanish customers complained about it been chilly at which point the waiter closed all the glass curtains ... after which it was like sitting in a greenhouse

2  Thank Mark H