“Hoping for a third visit soon!”

Chateau de Salettes
Reserve with
Chateau de Salettes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$34 - US$106
Cuisines: French, Gastropub
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The spirit of Salettes is also to be found in the plates. The cooking enhances the local and traditional products, of high quality, while being resolutely modern.
Reviewed 4 August 2015

We have been lucky enough to enjoy dinner at this lovely restaurant in the courtyard twice now and both times have been thoroughly enjoyable. The first time we had the menu Muscadelle which for 40 euros was really incredible value. The second visit, we chose the Toulouse Lautrec menu. A bit pricier, but incredible food, full of flavour and beautifully presented. The service was a bit slow on our first visit but not at all on our second. The only weird thing is you have to go inside to the desk to pay the bill.

Reviewed 6 July 2015

Have been here several times. While the service has not been consistently good, most of the time it's quite good. The food is consistently tasty, creative and well presented. The ambiance outside is comfortable and lovely, inside it's a bit "cold" for our taste. Tends to be an expensive meal, but a satisfying culinary experience.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

The food was excellent as was the wine. We had a set menu with the paired wines. Wonderful place to go and celebrate a special occasion or just having a romantic meal out.

Reviewed 23 October 2014

We have a holiday home not far from this Chateau. Our favourite restaurant La Falaise had shut due to the death of the chef earlier in the year, so we decided to try the restaurant here.

Although the restaurant was fully booked and with very attentive and many staff, it had no atmosphere whatsoever. On a very hot day, the soul of the place was distinctly cold. I also did not like the fact that the menu with prices was only given to my husband. I find that overly patrician. The restaurant should not assume that the man always pays!!

The food looked incredible and generally was very good, with the exception that my main course was cold. I should have sent it back, but the restaurant was busy and my husband and step son were eating their main course and I did not want to have to wait for around 30 mins to have my main course replaced. I did not eat it all (due to the coldness) I mentioned this to the waiter when he cleared our plates and all I received was a shrug of the shoulders.

the sommelier was also unimpressive, having made clear my loathing of sauvignon blanc, he proceeded to recommend such a wine! In the end my husband made a selection which was all but sneered at.

This is a very expensive restaurant and frankly I expected more than a shrug and a sneer. Some of the waiters were attentive. When we were settling the bill, we again mentioned that my main course was cold - again a shrug. I should have asked for a deduction in cost, but at such a place I would expect it to be offered.

We have decided that we will not be visiting the restaurant again. This chateau has very little competition in the area which is probably why we were treated as we were. Very disappointing.

1  Thank Julia H
Reviewed 19 October 2014

We were a group of six, plus dog, and we had a most delightful evening! The food was magnificent, and the restaurant staff very attentive and helpful. We had the gourmet menu as it was a special occasion, and we enjoyed each and every course. The wines we chose were also lovely and complimented the meal well. I couldn't fault the restaurant. However due to a mix up in our booking our friends were given the wrong room, and it took some time to remedy this - the hotel staff don't match up to the excellence of the restaurant. We had a most wonderful stay nevertheless, and would recommend the experience! Our dog has been to a Michelin starred restaurant, lucky boy!