• Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Vila Anka(Slano)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmountain viewsleepy villageprivate beachplenty of sunbedsbeach shoesthe bushalf boardrelaxing holidaybreakfast and dinnerindoor poolbuffet stylequiet baystar hotelsea waterlovely hotelsalt waterside sea view room
Reviewed 16 May 2016

This was our first visit to Croatia and based on this one we will surely go again. The hotel lived up to its 5 star rating and the staff could not have been any friendlier or more helpful. The food was excellent and the choice was superb. The room we had was quiet and overlooked the beach with excellent views of the sunsets. It was spotlessly clean and the house staff kept it that way all week.

The location was about 30 kilometres north of Dubrovnik and was served by a direct bus service to the bus station in Dubrovnik. The local area had good walking routes shown on the walking maps for the area.

We would certainly stay here again

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor overlooking the beach
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mikejeff2015
Klara Š, General Manager at Admiral Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2016

Dear Mr. MikeJeff 2015,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review via TripAdvisor.
We are so pleased to hear that you had a truly memorable experience at Admiral Grand Hotel!

I am glad to hear how much you also enjoyed the food as well as the friendly and helpful service. I will make sure that I share your comments with our staff as we preach to all of our ladies and gentleman, the importance of geniune care for each and every guest.

We look forward to welcome you again!

Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

Just arrived home from a very relaxing week staying at this wonderful hotel, & we really can't fault it!!
We didn't have the greatest weather during our stay but the hotel & staff more than made up for it, & we met some lovely friendly people there.
This hotel is in a very pretty & quiet location, there are lovely walks around the bay & a great local bus service taking you into Dubrovnik (& beyond) which of course is beautiful especially the "Old Town"
The overall standard & service of the Hotel was excellent from check in & check out, all the reception staff were excellent, nothing was too much trouble for any if them. The bar staff were truly lovely & were always smiling, despite the fact that I am very fussy when it comes to a good cup of coffee!!
Lovely airy restaurant, the food & service was amazing the staff aim to please & there is always a friendly manager on duty who ensures the high standards are maintained.
We had a fabulous sea view room on the 3rd floor, which was cleaned daily, & again to a very high standard. (comfy beds & pillows)
If you are looking for a relaxing & stress free holiday, this is the hotel for you, it really is a gem in a beautiful part of the world.
We will be back.......

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John W
Klara Š, General Manager at Admiral Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

Dear John W,

Thank you so much for really flattering review. The Admiral Grand Hotel team is proud to hear you enjoyed your holidays with us.

It is a great pleasure to read that you were satisfied with our service, which, along with the comfortable facilities you enjoyed, contributed to the pleasantness of your stay. Our team is delighted to hear from you and are pleased that they have been able to impress with the service.

We hope to be welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

I first visited Dubrovnik in 1987 for my honeymoon.I returned pregnant in 1990 then with my two sons in 1997.
My eldest son returned with me and yet again we were made most welcome.The hotel had such a varied menu for evening meals.We tried octopus,veal, swordfish and squid with well presented salads from a very talented kitchen crew.Staff were most attentive but didn't try to upsell drinks.Towels, dressing gowns and slippers were provided and the upgrade to sea view meant a prime spot overlooking the pool and gardens.The room had a spacious feel even with a sofa, dressing table & lots of wardrobe space.Beds were luxurious and so comfy.The hotel had just opened for the season and sadly we noticed a lack of evening entertainment .Free wifi was beneficial and there are hotspots locally.For 24 kn you can take the bus from right outside into Dubrovnik.
The hotel has lots of welcoming social areas to relax in and beautiful marble floors are cool after a day in the sun.The sea front restaurant and secluded lounging /bathing area meant it was all very self contained.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sally C

Dear Mrs. Sally C,

We very much appreciate your feedback and we would like to thank you for your time to share your experience with other travelers. It is great to hear you have enjoyed the hotel and are delighted that the service has been able to impress!The most important in our business is that we provide sincere hospitality. I'll share your nice words with all my staff.

Thank you for drawing attention to our bar service. I will will work on it together with the bar team.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

Was there only for one night unfortunately but the rooms are excellent big and cozy with great clean bathrooms and big balconies...only the tv is a bit small. The pool and the beach by the hotel are also great, and for breakfast there is a good selection of food...all in all a great hotel

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Leo J

Dear Mr. Leo J,

Thank you for sharing your review with the TripAdvisor community! We are glad to read that you were satisfied with your stay and that we have met your expectations.

If you would like help planning your next visit to Admiral Grand Hotel, please reach out to me and I am happy to assist you!

Thank you once again for your positive feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.

ADmiral Grand Hotel

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

This hotel is everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel. Position perfect. Rooms very comfortable with amazing views. Staff really cannot do enough for you. I'm not really a great fan of buffet style meals but you can't fault either the quality nor choice. Meat or fish cooked at the serving station. Also the whole resort is pristine. I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Susan H

Dear Mrs. Susie H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback of the Admiral Grand Hotel on TripAdvisor pages.

I am delighted to hear of what a marvelous time you had with us and only hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit.

Thank you once again for staying with us and for your lovely review.

Warm regards,