“Pilgrimage for my Dad”
other travellers have booked this property
Tangasdale Beach Cottage 2, has a spectacular Atlantic location adjacent to a wide, white sandy bay.
Ocean View Spacious Sitting/dining room Bright Dining Area
Ground Floor Plan
Stunning Westerly View from the Cottage
View to the South West
Catle in the Mist, Isle of Barra
Our Grandsons on the beach in late Evening!
Glorious Sunset over Halaman Bay
Spectacular Northern Lights in September
Barra Airport on the Cocklestrand!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
cameronma...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A bit rough around the edges ”
Reviewed 1 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Stunning location and views are a 5 start, parking great, easy to access the house. How ever. Few faults mostly minor
Shower that hasn't worked properly for months by the look of the review book, and not a huge fix if someone wanted to do something about it.
High chair almost collapsed with my 9 month old daughter in it, we managed to make shift fix it for the week, the decor is in need of a good touch up. Garden was over grown but I guess it's a house beside the sea so why have a manicured garden. Beds we didn't find overly comfy but I've slept in worse, we couldn't get the oven to work at all, I'm a chef of 15 years so I'm
guessing it's faulty.
The sofas were most defiantly in need of being replaced, far too uncomfortable. The house wasn't worth the £700+ we paid for the week I'm my view, there's better for less on the island. It's a real shame as it sounded and looked better than advertised.

Free post cards tho for sending home,

Would I stay again ? Yes if the above issues were addressed

Management Response
9 Aug 2017
I am sorry that you had a few problems!
My maintenance man fixed the shower in May. Thanks for letting me know it was not working - he says it now needs a new pump which he has ordered. I am sorry about the high chair- it was the first time this year it had been requested No excuse I know.. I will have it replaced. The decor is seen to each Winter - I am afraid it is always necessary at the end of the season. I advertise the grounds as natural machair. There are some rare wee orchids in the grounds and an abundance of wild flowers. My housekeeper checked the oven and it is working - the timer has to be set to the manual position. It does say that in the instructions but perhaps I need to put a notice near the cooker.I like to think that the cottages have the best situation on the island! Thank you for your review -it has been helpful.
Reviewed 6 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$108
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing