“absolutely correct for business”
Review of Senator Hotel

Senator Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gorgonzola
Reviewed 23 May 2015

we had four nights at Senator with a group of people for business purposes. This hotel is a "Garni" or Bed and Breakfast style. The lobby is spacious and the receiption staff is happy to offer beverages or drinks any time.
There is a restaurant in the dependance building. Free parking available. Gorgonzola is outside of MIlan with limited facilities in the area.
The hotel is very reasonable because of the really big range breakfast, clean and quiet rooms, good bath rooms with modern walk-in showers, very polite staff and a comfortable shuttle service to business in the proximity.
Shuttle service from/to Malpensa or Linate can be arranged.
The location in Gorgonzola is some 15min walking distance to the M2 stations (or ask for shuttle). M2 brings you into the center of MIlan which is around 30-40 minutes.

Room Tip: any of the rooms due to the quiet environment
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Caramellino

Reviewed 15 April 2015 via mobile

If this hotel rates 4 stars then whoever inspects properties and assigns these ratings needs to look for another job!!

No bar, restaurant not open last night, air conditioning didn't work (it was 25C when I went to bed) and as a result I had to leave the window open and got eaten alive by Mosquitos.

Imagine my surprise - not - when I took a shower. The shower head was broken and more went up towards the roof (and over the shower door into the bathroom floor) than came down over my body. For reference I stayed in room 314.

The only saving grace for this hotel was that the bed was comfortable and there were foam pillows which I prefer to feather pillows. Also I have to compliment the lady on check-out this morning, very professional and very apologetic.

I will not be returning if I can help it.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2015

An extremely clean and well groomed hotel. I've stayed in this hotel for the last two weeks and I must say it's been very comfortable. If I was to nick pick then I would say the rooms are a little too warm for my liking. I've had three different rooms whilst staying here and all three I found it difficult to get the room temp below 24oC, despite there being an air conditioning control panel fitted in each room. Luckily its Mar and still cold outside so I was able to open the window. Day staff are extremely pleasant and helpful but the evening staff less so. Hotel also has no evening bar or restaurants facilities although there is a fine dining independant restaurant located dead opposite the hotel which can be used but does not really have a casual chill out bar area. To end on a positive note free wifi is excellent.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2014

I was in the Sanator Hotel for businness at the end of November. I already stayed there.
I came back in the same hotel because:
Clean and quiet room.
Nice bathroom.
Bed confortable.
Wonderful breakfast.
Quick check-in and fast check-out.
Not so far from Linate airport.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2014

very good hotel with clean rooms. Everything worked fine.
Breakfast was having quite basic selection, but the quality was very good.
very limited bar offering - one noght we returned to the hotel after dinner and wanted to have one beer prior going to sleep but there was "no clean glasses....".
Otherwise all ok!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorgonzola
4.6 km away
3.8 km away
Hotel Visconti
Hotel Visconti
#2 of 2 in Melzo

Been to Senator Hotel? Share your experiences!