“disappointing and expensive”

Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Frodsham
More attraction details
Owner description: Manley Mere Sail Sports & Adventure Trail
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Car park charge is unaceptable.
some of the activities were broken and I felt somewhat dangerously left.
If the showers had been working they are apparently cold, but today not working at all so very cold children and very muddy to go home.
Very expensive cafe.
Not very cooperative staff.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Love Manley mere but it's clear from the minute you arrive that it's all about making money! £2 to park your car??? When you're going to be paying for activities as well. £5 for 2 single scoops Ice cream! Disgusting!

1  Thank sarahharry9
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I booked to go on the aqua park with my younger sister; however 2 days before I became ill and went to the Drs to be diagnosed with an ear infection (and told not to get my ear wet under any circumstances) I contacted Manley Mere and explained this and asked if I could possibly have a refund or even change the date as it was circumstances out of my control!

The answer was an unequivocal NO!

When I suggested it was slightly stupid that I couldn't change the date due to illness (proved by a Dr) I was told, by Mr Jeremy Hudson, who is apparently the head manager, that maybe if I thought it was stupid then I should try booking a flight with easy jet and changing the dates!

I found this extremely rude and condescending and not the kind of customer service that I believe anyone should have to deal with. I will not be booking with them from now on.

Please be aware! I understand it states No refunds or cancellations on their website; however you'd think as Mr Hudson explained that he makes the rules, you'd think he'd use a little common sense and decency to help someone out! Not put the phone down on them!

I was really looking forward to the aqua park, as well as my sister, who now can't go either as she has no adult to accompany her!

1  Thank Emily S
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Trail was good but quite a few obstacles out of order. Car park is a rip off as especially as we'd paid £40 for our group for the trail, £80 for the aqua inflatable and £50 in the cafe! We sat outside for lunch at the cafe and on arrival asked if it was ok to sit here as we were a little wet. Nice lady said no problem, after all they are there to accommodate trail customers. Food average and overpriced. As soon as we had paid, a rude manager or owner came over and questioned us about sitting on the outdoor chairs with wet clothes. We did explain there were wet when we arrived. Another family heard her attitude and were as shocked as we were by her comments. This ruined our lunch and would never return. The aqua inflatable was great in the water, however, you have to be there an hour before to sign a waver, get a wet suit. No proper changing facilities or lockers and too much time hanging around. We were shocked to discover we were in a group of 54! No proper organisation.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We did the Adventure Trail with grandchildren aged 12 and 13.Excellent old fashioned fun with plenty of mud and water,obstacles and challenges, climbing and swinging. Some of the equipment was pure genius e.g.the swinging cages worked by a hamster wheel, also the ducking stool.Rough and ready and plenty of re cycling create a brilliant no frills playground to indulge in, even the changing facilities and showers were fun. Have never seen so many thoroughly happy and excited and very muddy children.Wanted to tell them this was how it used to be when we were kids.