Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews minute walk busy road pool beach sunbeds koh
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I stayed 4 nights at Le Murraya in June of 21012 and found it to be of fantastic value.
Paying 1,700 bht per night for a very large deluxe room which had an big fridge, separate bedroom and a balcony facing the pool (room 218 I think it was).
The room is modern, the bathroom excellent and the hotel very clean and staff extremely friendly.
In June is was not very busy at all, and we had the pool to ourselves the 2 times we went swimming in the morning.
Buffet breakfast (or in room tray breakfast) was included in the rate, we opted for in room breakfast which was adequate.
The hotel is not situated on the beach, it's a little bit behind the main ring road in Chewang, near the old boxing stadium but found it to be quiet and near enough to everything. There's a small tesco just around the corner and two 7 / 11's within a minute walk.
You don't stay at La Murraya for the views as it doesn't have any but I'd highly recommend this hotel if you want great value for money and don't mind the 5 - 10 minute walk to the main shopping strip, bars and restaurants.
The staff were all very nice and helpful both with an easy check in and check out.

Room tip: Rooms to the right of reception face in towards the pool which is a nicer view.
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 605MattB
Reviewed 9 July 2012

An oasis of peace from the bustle of town. Room was magnificent, and ultra-comfortable. Staff were extremely helpful. Loved my time here!

Date of stay: April 2012
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank PhileasFogg54
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Just finished stay at Le Murraya for 6 nights, very appreciative of attentive staff during our stay, very comfortable rooms and everyone was so helpful while we were there. Would certainly recommend this as a great place to stay.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I'd read the reviews on TripAdvisor before booking the hotel for our trip and was happy with what I have read. However, after travelling for 30 hours to arrive 11pm at night I have to admit I was disappointed. All I wanted to do was sleep, but approaching our room I discovered we had arrived on Muay Thai Boxing night....which could be heard as we approached the entrance of our room. This happens every other night and from what I can gather all rooms would hear this. If you can sleep through anything then you won't have an issue! Rooms were clean and spacious.
There was no shuttle from the airport, but we had no problem arranging this upon arrival at the airport. There is no shuttlebus into the main street, as this can easily be walked.
I feel that the pool area could do with more sun loungers as on occassions there were far more people wishing to use the pool but no where to sit.
We were a little surprised that there was not more choice for breakfast as it was a buffet, on our final day there was a person at an egg station which provided more of a breakfast choice.
When researching accommodation for our first few nights in Samui I did see many hotels with 'boutique' in the title. Just be warned that this word is over used in Koh Samui and boutique does not have the same meaning as hotels we have in the UK.

Date of stay: February 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank TravelPandaHL
Reviewed 2 March 2011

Do not stay here, Thai boxing arena is behind building and u do not sleep. We arrived late at night after 17hr and kept awake by sound system. Fights every second night. Stayed on island many times better hotels for price. Pool nice but small, breakfast not organised and in no way is this boutique. Staff and rooms are clean and polite but thisis true for almost any hotel. Could not wait to move on.

Date of stay: February 2011