See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 December 2015 via mobile

Absolutely awful hotel, we arrived back from our night out to find we had bugs all over our beds! We spend 30 minuets looking for someone to talk to, when we found a security man he couldn't do anything and was in no rush to move us or get in contact with a manager. So we move all our stuff to the lobby as we could not stay in a bed with bugs all over it. At 5.30am we finally get a new room!!!!! Next day we see the manager, she tells us that it was our fault we had bugs in our beds and was the rudest most unprofessional woman I have ever come across! Not once did she apologies and we were not given a refund for the night where we didn't get into bed until 5.30am! Absolutely disgusting experience and the so called 'manager' was rude, aggressive and told us that bugs are in all hotels in Thailand!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and our room was full of ants all over our beds floor and back packs. When we complained about this we were told "not our problem".
We then had an issue with the bathroom with a pipe that lead into the shower continuously leaking with what smelt like sewage causing our entire room to have an awful stench. We complained about this and again were told "not our problem". The staff we very un-helpful and we every time we did make a complaint they would cut the power off in our room. I would advise people not to stay here.

Stayed: December 2015
Reviewed 24 October 2015 via mobile

The chaweng palace is a pretty simple establishment, some renovations done, although in poor fashion. The best part about this hotel is the location, it's close to the main strip and within walking distance to several shops, convenient stores, and restaurants. The room we stayed in was huge but a lot non-utilized space in both the sleeping areas as well as the bathroom. In the bathroom there was an extra space that may have been an area for laundry and just seemed to be an open area that would collect water after showering. Another thing about the bathroom was the black mold that was obviously building up around the shower and water heater, I personally didn't mind all too much and I was lucky enough the girls I traveled with didn't mind either but is still a health hazard. The stay overall was decent, the service was friendly, and to repeat my title, it ain't pretty but gets the job done.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2015 via mobile

Young couple: We stayed here for 2 nights and thoroughly enjoyed out stay. Living conditions were great, our room had a fridge which was so handy and its a 5 minute walk from Chaweng Beach. Restaurant across the road on the corner great for breakfast

Stayed: June 2015
1  Thank Connaire Patric... S
Reviewed 17 January 2015 via mobile

This was my 3rd stay here in 3 years.
The good news: the hotel has been renovated!
The bathrooms are now fully tiled and no longer the previous dangerous mix of pebbles and sharp edged tiles. This is a fantastic improvement! The water pressure in the showers has always been good.
Both rooms and bathrooms are very spacious and have been recently painted.
The air con works very well.
They have now also installed security cameras on all floors which makes me feel a lot safer.
The location is great - just a few hundred meters to the beach, and a 15 min walk to the nightlife, but with plenty of shops, restaurants and bars close by - and a convenience store open 24/7 right downstairs.
It can be noisy due to the location on an intersection, but I still slept well in the king size bed.
I had to leave 2 weeks earlier than expected and was initially refused a refund - but after a reasonable talk with the receptionist, she agreed to speak to the owner again and I got a 50% refund. I was very happy about this as I had booked and paid through Agoda, and the hotel was in no way obliged to pay me any refund!
I can now highly recommend this hotel - a great spot for a very good price.
I will be back for sure!

• Stayed: January 2015